Sales Agent, Payments (Remote)
ShopKeep, ShopKeep Headquarters
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.
Today’s economy requires business owners to adapt quickly and think on their feet. ShopKeep’s software-first commerce solutions make that possible.
Our cloud-based point of sale, payment processing, flexible hardware, and business-friendly financing let owners start, run, and grow their businesses in person and online. They can manage inventory, optimize staffing, streamline their operations, and market to their customers from one intuitive dashboard.
We understand what it’s like to run a business, because we’ve been helping business owners succeed for over a decade, and we share their mindset. ShopKeep, after all, is also a small business, born to give our peers the tools they need to dream big, fight smart, and succeed on their own terms.
Today that mission is more relevant than ever, driven by team members around the world. ShopKeep is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Portland, Chicago, and Belfast. We’re innovators, technologists, and customer advocates who are obsessed with helping independent businesses survive and thrive.
About This Role
As a Sales Agent, Payments you'll sell ShopKeep's Payments Solutions technology to key stakeholders in a wide variety of small businesses. You will interact with all manner of SMB owners each and every day, striving to help them run a smarter business. All merchant contact will be over the phone and through digital communication.
What You Will Do
- Prospect for payments customers across ShopKeep’s existing customer base.
- Reach out to and engage with payments processing prospects through closing and sign-up
- Must have payments sales experience and strong telemarketing skills
- Prospect through outreach phone calls, emails, SMS and social media
- Deliver solution driven presentations to prospects
- Educate prospects on the payment processing industry
- Negotiate with prospects to bring deals to close
- SalesForce proficiency is essential
- Be a contributor and a leader that can build and direct teams
- Nurture and qualify new leads that turn into quality customers
- Maintain consistent attention to detail, self-discipline, and grit
Who You Are
- Proven sales professional, 3+ years’ experience in a transactional sales environment
- A hunter with excellent sales skills and comfortable working in a fast paced sales environment
- Knowledge of the company’s products, services, and business operations
- Advanced presentation, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to solve problems and find creative solutions to sales challenges
- Desire to excel and grow within the organization
- Salesforce CRM experience
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, e.g., Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision
- Multilingual candidates are a plus
Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, driven, and competitive - you'll be surrounded by like-minded people on the Sales team at ShopKeep.
This is a remote role and does not require you to be in our of New York Headquarter
What You Need
- 3+ years of Payments or Telesales experience in a fast paced, transactional environment and prior closing experience
- A hunter’s mind-set, who will go out and engage with prospects to find deals every day
- Passion for helping to equip small business owners with the tools they need to thrive in the modern marketplace
- Drive to succeed on a high level and crush goals month over month
- A positive, can-do attitude; you come into work ready to exceed expectations and conquer the day
- A willingness to learn and constantly improve
- You are not satisfied with 100% and are always looking for ways to meet the next challenge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- CRM Software: Working knowledge of Salesforce (or other CRM software you might've used).
- Phones Sales: Familiar with closing tactics and prior experience working within a SaaS company.
We provide the essentials...
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Commuter Benefits
- 401k Match
...and the fun-damentals:
- Catered Meals
- Happy Hours
- Beer Fridge
Stocked Snack Shelf
Still have energy to burn?
- Meditation Sessions
- Massage Therapy
- Standing Desks
ShopKeep is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Born out of frustration with the traditional cash register business, ShopKeep was designed by a retailer with a noble aim: to rescue independent business owners from the nightmare of archaic point of sale systems, and replace it with something beautiful, simple and affordable. It turned out that by doing this, we were giving our fellow merchants a fighting chance against the big guys. So we kept doing it.
At ShopKeep, we’ve been successful because of our awesome team that believes small businesses make up the heart of their communities. If you want to defend the independent spirit of “Main Street," you’ve found your kind of people.
Want to learn more about ShopKeep? Visit ShopKeep's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!