Senior Manager of Business Development, Marketplaces
ShopRunner, New York, Chicago, Conshohocken
ShopRunner is the best way to shop online for the stuff you love.
We build tools for 100+ brands and retailers in the ecommerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, and product expansion into new marketplaces -- keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry.
We are a purpose and culture driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland and we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Business Development Manager for ShopRunner’s Marketplace as a Service Product will be responsible for building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing deals with prospective partners. This individual will position ShopRunner to attract new retailers to our Marketplace product and further relationships with current customers by deepening the market presence. This role is open to residents of any of the following states: DE, PA, CA, IL, FL, IN, NJ, NY, TX, UT, VA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage and close a pipeline of new Retail partners from the Internet Retailer top 500 roster
- Identify significant new business opportunities with potential clients and manage the pursuit process through opportunity qualification, facilitation of client meetings, and follow-up/assistance through sales closing
- Analyze customer needs in terms of fit for demand source, current business obstacles, identifying projects and scoping potential solution sales
- Build a robust sales pipeline of the Internet Retailer 500
- Target, develop and manage long-term client relationships/partnerships with the executive “C” level decision makers from the Internet Retailer 500
- Tactically identify appropriate entry point into a retailer
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize margins and increase market share
- Qualify leads and delivers or exceeds sales revenue targets
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in selling in a consultative sales process
- Direct experience nurturing meaningful relationships with CMOs, Heads of eCommerce, and/or Heads of Digital
- Deep understanding of eCommerce and selling a suite of products to the retail industry
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Excellent listening skills with an ability to provide solutions to based on client concerns
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the proven ability to take ownership for prospecting and developing a pipeline
- Superior presentation and communication skills
- Strategic thinking capabilities and the ability to accomplish goals in a timely, productive and fiscally responsible manner
- Four year degree from an accredited college institution
OTHER THINGS WE’D LIKE YOU TO KNOW
The most successful people in this role are savvy and strategic business leaders with a passion for new challenges and an understanding of strategic marketing, online sales and partnering with cross-functional teams. We need a spirited idea person with strong strategic sales, hunter mentality, negotiation, and revenue generating skills. And you’ll need the ability and vision to identify and execute new business opportunities.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our unique membership experience makes it easy for members to get everything from designer jeans to digital cameras. Members enjoy benefits like unlimited free 2-day shipping, free return shipping, member-only deals and much more. ShopRunner connects top retailers and brands to the best online shoppers. ShopRunner's exclusive member benefits and highly targeted, data-driven marketing help retail partners acquire high value customers while increasing existing customers' purchase frequency and spend. Led by CEO Sam Yagan, ShopRunner's team of e-commerce experts are backed by Kynetic, Alibaba Group and American Express. ShopRunner has offices in San Mateo and Philadelphia.
Want to learn more about ShopRunner? Visit ShopRunner's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange