Product Design Manager
ShopRunner is the best way to shop online for the stuff you love.
We build tools for 100+ brands and retailers in the ecommerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, and product expansion into new marketplaces -- keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry.
We are a purpose and culture driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland and we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services.
About the Role
Are you passionate about great consumer products and the talented teams that bring them to life? At ShopRunner, we’re looking for a Product Design Manager to mentor and manage the design team that creates our core membership experiences. As a Product Design Manager, your primary responsibility will be to ensure teamwork, communication, and a shared vision between the 3+ product designers, and their product management, engineering, marketing, and analytics counterparts. We’re looking for someone who has excelled in their design craft, but takes the most joy in growing the skills and confidence of others. Your day-to-day will include:
- Elevating the voice of product design across the organization, advocating for customer empathy and a human-centered approach
- Spending time with product designers to provide thoughtful feedback, support, and alternative ideas
- Identifying places to improve consistency and process across teams, including support for our nascent design system, across web, email, and social experiences
- Leading cross-functional design-thinking sessions to solve complex customer problems and drive innovation
- Providing oversight and guidance for user research efforts across teams and stages of the product life cycle
- Collaborating closely with product designers, product managers, engineers, data scientists and other stakeholders to influence the overall product strategy and roadmap
- Finding opportunities and new mediums to share the research and design work with the broader company
- Partnering with the people experience team to recruit and retain great design talent
This role is a great opportunity for someone who:
- Believes that great teamwork is the exception, not the rule
- Is comfortable in the early stages of product development, including working through ambiguity to define new and exciting products and features
- Loves working on consumer products, especially in the fashion and retail space
The skills and experience that will make you successful are:
- 5+ years of product design experience with digital products
- 1+ years experience as a people manager
- Experience working in a collaborative, agile and data-driven environment
- Familiar with Figma and Validately/UserZoomGo (or similar design and usability testing tools)
- BA/BS degree in Design, UX, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction or a related field -- or equivalent experience
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our unique membership experience makes it easy for members to get everything from designer jeans to digital cameras. Members enjoy benefits like unlimited free 2-day shipping, free return shipping, member-only deals and much more. ShopRunner connects top retailers and brands to the best online shoppers. ShopRunner's exclusive member benefits and highly targeted, data-driven marketing help retail partners acquire high value customers while increasing existing customers' purchase frequency and spend. Led by CEO Sam Yagan, ShopRunner's team of e-commerce experts are backed by Kynetic, Alibaba Group and American Express. ShopRunner has offices in San Mateo and Philadelphia.
Want to learn more about ShopRunner? Visit ShopRunner's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!