Engineering Manager- Full Stack
ShopRunner is the best way to shop online for the stuff you love.
We build tools for 100+ brands and retailers in the ecommerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, and product expansion into new marketplaces -- keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry.
We are a purpose and culture driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland and we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an Engineering Manager at ShopRunner, you’ll be driving technology and architecture decisions across the organization, while managing a high performing engineering team. We’ll be looking to you to empower engineers to build high quality features at a fast and sustainable cadence.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage an engineering team practicing Scrum as part of a 2 week sprint
- Analyze and evaluate existing technologies in order to plan and lead architectural improvements
- Mentor engineers and own performance management of your team
- Shape the culture of the organization by being a champion of software engineering best practices
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 7+ years’ experience as a software engineer; experience being a leader on an agile software engineering team is a plus
- Experience working as a Scrum Master in order to guide an engineering team’s agile practice
- Experience communicating and convincing key stakeholders of technological change
- Expertise in key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications.
- A solid understanding of database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility.
- Experience scoping out high level engineering and product initiatives in order to facilitate team level planning and prioritization
- Experience breaking down large, complex features into functionality that can be delivered incrementally in order to provide consistent value as part of a 2 week sprint
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are and consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our unique membership experience makes it easy for members to get everything from designer jeans to digital cameras. Members enjoy benefits like unlimited free 2-day shipping, free return shipping, member-only deals and much more. ShopRunner connects top retailers and brands to the best online shoppers. ShopRunner's exclusive member benefits and highly targeted, data-driven marketing help retail partners acquire high value customers while increasing existing customers' purchase frequency and spend. Led by CEO Sam Yagan, ShopRunner's team of e-commerce experts are backed by Kynetic, Alibaba Group and American Express. ShopRunner has offices in San Mateo and Philadelphia.
Want to learn more about ShopRunner? Visit ShopRunner's website.
The best bed for better sleep