Email & CRM Marketing Manager
ShopRunner is the best way to shop online for the stuff you love.
We build tools for 100+ brands and retailers in the ecommerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, and product expansion into new marketplaces -- keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry.
We are a purpose and culture driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland and we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services.
ABOUT THE ROLE
ShopRunner has a rich file of members who shop across hundreds of online retailers in over 10 top level categories. Email is one of the most important touch points we have with our members. We are seeking a creative and quantitative CRM marketing leader that is passionate about turning customers into members and can continue building a best-in-class email experience while supporting the expansion of our customer relationship strategy into new channels.
In this role, the candidate will lead E2E strategy through execution to owning performance in order to optimize and grow Email/ CRM programs. They should be able to zoom in to the depths of data, processes and execution; while zooming out to define the big picture to bring the many cross-functional partners along this journey, define long-range plans and elevate the work. To be successful in this role, they should be an expert in the Email space to advance our rigor in test & learn, automation and segmentation.
Bonus points if you have more email subscriptions than you can count and are addicted to shopping through them!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a direct report to deliver against Consumer Marketing key objectives
- Define and sustain email best practices including campaign types, KPIs, creative, list health
- Manage and segment a robust promotional calendar and customer file supporting 100+ retailers and 10+ product categories
- Optimize Email channel performance with testing of creative, audience, content, cadence, offers
- Oversee email operations in a fast-paced environment with high volume & quality in execution
- Define, build and test triggered campaigns/ automations that advance customers along their lifecycle and promote engagement and retention
- Test & scale CRM to new channels such as SMS
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams including analytics, data science, engineering, product, creative and various marketing functions (Partner Marketing, Product and Brand)
- Monitor and report on campaign and program performance in partnership with Analytics team with a focus on actionable insights and making data meaningful. Work with Analytics to improve our ability to track and measure performance.
- Manage the performance and growth of a direct report
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of email and/or CRM marketing experience
- Proven track record of driving strategy forward and delivering complex B2C email programs from inception to delivery at scale (3M+ list sizes)
- Expertise in email best practices such as automation vs. broadcast messaging, segmentation, dynamic content, responsive design and deliverability
- Demonstrated execution experience including building, targeting and QA of automations and broadcast campaigns, with hands on knowledge of marketing clouds/ ESPs and HTML/CSS
- Strong analytical skills: Familiarity with multivariate testing, identifying audience/ lifecycle opportunities and able to analyze campaign performance to evolve strategies
- Strong communication: Enabling project management, coaching others, as well as inspiring others with the big picture
- Cross-functional experience with product teams, analysts, designers and developers
- High attention to detail, deadlines and accuracy with minimal supervision
- Passion for consumer experiences and building loyalty; an entrepreneurial mindset with bias towards action
- People leadership experience preferred
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are and consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our unique membership experience makes it easy for members to get everything from designer jeans to digital cameras. Members enjoy benefits like unlimited free 2-day shipping, free return shipping, member-only deals and much more. ShopRunner connects top retailers and brands to the best online shoppers. ShopRunner's exclusive member benefits and highly targeted, data-driven marketing help retail partners acquire high value customers while increasing existing customers' purchase frequency and spend. Led by CEO Sam Yagan, ShopRunner's team of e-commerce experts are backed by Kynetic, Alibaba Group and American Express. ShopRunner has offices in San Mateo and Philadelphia.
Want to learn more about ShopRunner? Visit ShopRunner's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!