Lead UX Researcher, RX
ShopRunner, Chicago, NYC, Philadelphia, Remote (US)
ShopRunner is the best way to shop online for the stuff you love.
We build tools for 100+ brands and retailers in the ecommerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, and product expansion into new marketplaces -- keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry.
We are a purpose- and culture-driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland and we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services. We have a growing number of fully remote employees and are open to a remote candidate for this role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Great products start with a deep understanding of the customers they serve. We are looking for a UX Research Lead to champion research on projects that impact the ShopRunner’s key B2B product and marketing initiatives. This ideal candidate will have responsibilities split across 2 areas of focus: 1) Supporting UX Research initiatives across ShopRunner’s B2B retailer partnerships by collaborating directly with product, engineering, and design, 2) Mentor and enable our product designers and product managers to build their research skills.
This role is US based only but we are open to any of our US offices in Chicago, IL, Conshohocken, PA (Philly), and New York City or fully remote in any of these states: CA, DE, IL, IN, FLA, MA, NY, NJ, NC, SC, PA, TX, UT, VA, WA, CT, MD, MI. From time to time, there will be limited travel to our offices as the need arises.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Your day-to-day will include:
- Designing and conducting research studies to derive meaningful and actionable insights about our retailers’ needs, attitudes, behaviors, emotions, pain points and preferences
- Collaborating closely with product managers, designers, engineers and other stakeholders to influence the overall product strategy and roadmap
- Leading cross-functional design-thinking sessions to solve complex retailer experience problems and drive innovation
- Mentoring and coaching product managers and product designers with best practices, frameworks, and tools
- Reviewing and providing feedback on research studies created by product designers and product managers
- Presenting key research findings and recommendations that build customer empathy and inspire a human-centered design culture
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
This role is a great opportunity for someone who:
- Is comfortable in the early stages of product development, including working through ambiguity to define new and exciting products and features
- Thrives in a startup environment and loves a role with a lot of autonomy
- Has experience teaching and inspiring others to build their own research skills
- Feels confident recommending different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each phase of the product development lifecycle
The skills and experience that will make you successful are:
- 5+ years of UX research experience with digital products
- Conducting user interviews, heuristic evaluation, surveys and competitive/comparative analysis in a B2B research environment
- Experience managing the recruitment process with business customers
- Track record of influencing product strategy through user research and evangelizing research insights
- Presenting these insights in a compelling way to help stakeholders understand business customer needs and how those needs impact solutions
- Experience working in a collaborative, agile and data-driven environment
- Familiar with UserZoom, Qualtrics, Iterable, Airtable or similar tools
- Quantitative research experience is a major plus!
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors or a related field -- or equivalent experience
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our unique membership experience makes it easy for members to get everything from designer jeans to digital cameras. Members enjoy benefits like unlimited free 2-day shipping, free return shipping, member-only deals and much more. ShopRunner connects top retailers and brands to the best online shoppers. ShopRunner's exclusive member benefits and highly targeted, data-driven marketing help retail partners acquire high value customers while increasing existing customers' purchase frequency and spend. Led by CEO Sam Yagan, ShopRunner's team of e-commerce experts are backed by Kynetic, Alibaba Group and American Express. ShopRunner has offices in San Mateo and Philadelphia.
Want to learn more about ShopRunner? Visit ShopRunner's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.