Director, Content - Editorial
Shutterstock, Los Angeles, California
Stunning content, straightforward prices.
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace to license editorial and commercial images and videos - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
We’re looking for a dynamic leader to manage our US editorial content production operations. You are someone who is results driven and thrives in an innovative high-energy environment. This position is responsible for managing and evolving our event coverage operations ensuring that we are effectively producing content that meets our global marketplace needs.
This position calls for an experienced creative thinker who operates with decisive operational judgment and the ability to balance strategic thinking with tactical execution.
- Responsible for building and directing editorial content operations for North American event coverage.
- Lead content operations team responsible for entertainment and fashion event production.
- Define and implement workflows, tools and systems for live event content production.
- Direct event operational planning including event field editing strategy and resource assignments, IT/network requirements, partnerships, and budget management.
- Determine and implement editing strategy, leading initiatives to advance the consistency of image production and publishing.
- Build and coach content production team; design and implement training programs to bring about expedited onboarding and editing consistency.
- Establish partnerships with event organizers, PRs, and IT service providers in support of differentiated content production.
- Develop production metrics for image production and quality; measureable commitments that support strategic initiatives and market coverage targets.
- Maintain full awareness and interest in U.S. and global entertainment events, news, trends, fashions, and celebrities.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree
- Hands-On: You should love rolling up your sleeves and working alongside the team.
- 10+ years of professional photo industry business experience along with domain expertise and passionate enthusiasm for entertainment and celebrity media.
- Strong bias for action; exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities and deadlines.
- Experience managing output-focused operations, production measurement and workflow optimization.
- Strong business workflow and data analysis skills. Experience defining and implementing content operations work models and production schedules.
- Outstanding team leadership skills. Excellent communicator, decisive, results-driven, with strong ability to align and inspire teams.
- Available to work non-traditional schedules including evenings and weekends.
- Software: Photo Mechanic, Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, Google Docs, and file sharing systems.
Shutterstock, Inc. (NYSE: SSTK), is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies and media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 190,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, and currently has more than 125 million images and more than 6 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in Amsterdam, Berlin, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Paris, San Francisco and Silicon Valley, Shutterstock has customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management service for businesses.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
Great stories start here. Discover over 100 million pieces of amazing content.
Want to learn more about Shutterstock? Visit http://www.shutterstock.com/
Jobs You May Like
Chief Sub Editor
Time Inc., Farnborough, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Time Inc., London, United Kingdom
Coordinator, Digital Production Assets and Delivery
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Squarespace, New York, NY
Deputy Editorial Director (Los Angeles)
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Time Inc., New York, NY