We’re looking for a Product Designer that can help lead the direction and vision of product design as a discipline here at SigFig. You love shipping high-impact products that transform how people invest and view their money. You provide thought leadership and inspiration to a product team that is at the heart of SigFig’s strengths as a business. Our philosophy as a team is to never stop leveling together. Our work is never finished, and that applies to developing ourselves and our skills. Join us and build products people trust and love.
- You will lead transformational redesigns of our visual systems across all of our platforms that reflect the ultimate intersection of elegance and utility.
- You will engage with product managers to co-create and validate design concepts.
- You may also be designing and guiding the development of product marketing pages, user education content, and brand assets.
- You understand how to architect a multi-platform system that can be extended to our partners.
- You will craft financial tools and experiences on our core and partnership platforms.
- You will participate in user research sessions to gather and prioritize requirements.
- You will guide a product’s vision at its earliest stages with product management and work with engineers to iterate and ensure the highest levels of quality.
- Essentially, you will provide whatever execution and guidance is necessary to make the product come to life in the most vivid and impactful way possible.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- A strong portfolio and keen sense of design, color, typography and iconography: You have a high bar for excellence and know the difference between “good” and “great”.
- Experience delivering large product redesigns: You are familiar with the care and precision it takes to develop and mold a robust and beautiful visual system.
- Experience collaborating with other designers: You know how to give feedback and inspire a collaborative, multi-faceted design team.
- A history of excellence in craft: You have designed products with the highest levels of quality through an emphasis on craft and iteration.
- Communication skills: You are a clear communicator, and aren’t afraid to have a point of view. Yet, you are flexible and open minded, and can resolve team conflicts if they arise.
- An ability to deconstruct complexity: You can take complex financial concepts and simplify them into easy to understand, beautiful data visualizations.
- A user-centered perspective: You believe understanding users is an essential tool in your design process.
- Understanding that product design is more than just pixels: Product design has enormous impact because it touches people through a business’s core strategy. Embracing team objectives and delivering excellent, relevant work drives and motivates you.
- Experience managing clients: You are adept at managing feedback from your immediate team members and potential partners.
- Veteran status at shipping products: You are not surprised by and can conquer the common pitfalls of “the last 20%” when it comes time to deliver.
- 7+ years of professional experience: Tech, design studios, consulting, or advertising backgrounds all qualify.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with motion graphics, video production, or typeface design.
- Experience in building responsive web and/or native mobile prototypes.
- Interest in finance or personal finance
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible vacation policy with uncapped time off
- Catered lunches daily and a kitchen stocked full of drinks and snacks
- Fitness subsidy
- Commuter subsidy
About us SigFig is dedicated to making high-quality investment advice more accessible and affordable to investors of all wealth levels. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, SigFig helps empower investors with the information and guidance they need to achieve their personal financial goals. Through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions, SigFig seeks to help investors and advisors better manage their investments. Its enterprise technology accelerates time to market for its partners, while doing so in a secure, scalable, and compliant way. Its product, design, and growth labs fuel innovation, accelerate adoption, and create delight for clients. Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by leading financial institutions including Eaton Vance, Comerica Bank, New York Life, Santander InnoVentures, and UBS, as well as top-tier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Learn more at www.sigfig.com.
Want to learn more about SigFig? Visit SigFig's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Creative Director
AKQA, Washington, DC
Senior UX Design Manager
Reddit, San Francisco
Senior Web Copywriter
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Part Time Visual Design Instructor
General Assembly, Atlanta
AKQA, San Francisco
Business Designer - Nairobi
IDEO.org, Nairobi, Kenya