Manager, Workplace Experiences
SigFig, San Francisco
The easiest way to manage & improve your investments
We are SigFig. We’re here to empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to be customer-centric, engaging, and intuitively designed that use technology to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it’s through our direct to consumer or businesses to consumer products through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Phoenix, Singapore, and New Delhi. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Team -- Workplace Experiences
People are the heart of SigFig’s success. Cultivating an exceptional workplace experience is critical to maximizing our people’s talent to achieve our mission. The Workplace Experiences Team does this by overseeing the implementation of policies, procedures, and programs that will assure an optimal work experience in well-managed, well-maintained buildings and facilities. We work side-by-side with our employees to understand their needs and over-deliver to create an incredible work experience. We strive to build a productive workplace for top talent to thrive.
The Opportunity -- Manager, Workplace Experiences
As Manager of Workplace Experiences, you will provide leadership for a team of office managers and vendor partners to ensure that workplace operations run seamlessly. You will draw on extensive knowledge of facilities, vendor management, real estate, and culture to drive impact across the company. This role will provide pivotal leadership in facility service operations throughout the world by implementing new processes and procedures, leading the facilities deliverables of all office locations, buildings, and maintaining a team to develop best practices and repeatable processes across all sites. You will be the primary liaison with the property owners and lead a team of three in the coordination of services and activities, financials, vendors and resources required for current and future needs of the building and operations to support building the best workplace experience. You have a reputation for being extraordinary influencing across all levels, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, effectively prioritize your time, and demonstrate warranted pushback and a sense of urgency when needed. You thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and get the job done.
You will truly enjoy what they do, be flexible and communicative, and relish learning new things. This role will report to the VP of People with extensive cross-functional interaction to drive strategies down to execution while keeping up the pace of SigFig. This is you!
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Impress: create first-in-class workplace experiences for SigFig employees globally through mind-blowing facilities, company events/initiatives, services, and engagements
- Maintain: all facilities, food/beverage (daily catered lunches, drinks/coffee/tea program), work environment (includes office furniture/layout), workplace-related budget planning, management, and performance
- Procure: gather employee workplace requirements then lead the vendor search process, secure internal approvals, and implementation vendor procurement, contract negotiations and management
- Develop: own cross-functional strategic initiatives that fundamentally impact SigFig’s workplace environment, covering expansion/growth, technology roll-outs/upgrades, and process improvement
- Build: work with initiatives associated with new construction, renovations, and tenant improvement projects from conception to completion, including strategy, SOW development, RFP management, contract execution, and project delivery
Why We Value You
- You passionately lead, nurture, and develop the Workplace Experiences team of three FTEs and numerous contracted service providers and vendor resources with integrity and openness
- You maintain relationships with landlord property management for building operations and maintenance as well as serviced office leased locations
- You effectively consult and influence cross-functionally to build best-in-class facilities and initiatives for an optimal workplace culture
- You build strategies for long-term constant improvement of our services to get results and accountability of business needs by actively seeking opportunities, issues and risks
- You seamlessly manage budgets and build operational forecasts for hard services at multiple sites
- You partner with the People Team to deliver events and initiatives that cultivate an enthusiastic and welcoming work culture to build morale
- You possess strong analytical skills with the ability to create, measure, and scale the right workflow between talent, hiring managers, and the recruiting team
- You have strong influence skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member combined with a propensity toward innovation and risk-taking
- You are intensely people focus, committed to continuous improvement, self-motivated, resilient, and assertive with a high willingness to learn
- You have the professional self-esteem and confidence to “push back” on executives when necessary
- You undertake projects and tasks with an attention to detail coupled with a sense of urgency
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- 6+ years of workplace, facilities, or building management experience
- 3+ years of leading teams of two or more people
- Ability to accommodate occasional travel as needed (10%)
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About us SigFig is dedicated to making high-quality investment advice more accessible and affordable to investors of all wealth levels. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, SigFig helps empower investors with the information and guidance they need to achieve their personal financial goals. Through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions, SigFig seeks to help investors and advisors better manage their investments. Its enterprise technology accelerates time to market for its partners, while doing so in a secure, scalable, and compliant way. Its product, design, and growth labs fuel innovation, accelerate adoption, and create delight for clients. Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by leading financial institutions including Eaton Vance, Comerica Bank, New York Life, Santander InnoVentures, and UBS, as well as top-tier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Learn more at www.sigfig.com.
Want to learn more about SigFig? Visit SigFig's website.
Jobs You May Like
IT Project Manager, Patient Services Systems (Contract to Hire) )
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States