Engineering Manager, Infrastructure
SigFig, San Francisco
The easiest way to manage & improve your investments
SigFig is tearing down the barriers to investing. We've raised $60 million to support our growth as the #1 Online Investment Advisor for large Financial Institutions. Help us define the next generation of investing!
We're looking for an Engineering Manager -Infrastructure who will manage SigFig’s talented team of DevOps engineers. Candidate is a proven leader, highly technical, and passionate about building elegant infrastructure. This leadership role reports to the Director of Infrastructure and will work closely with engineering leadership to build high quality financial products to launch to mass market via partnerships with leading banks.
As the Engineering Manager, you will build out our DevOps team, and lead efforts to improve our infrastructure and operations to maximize reliability, availability, scalability, and performance.
The Engineering Manager will lead 6+ DevOps engineers in San Francisco as well as our remote offices to build SigFig’s core infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have experience building and scaling private cloud environments and has demonstrated success scaling highly effective engineering teams. Automation is at the heart of how our team operates, and we are looking for someone who has a passion for it.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Attract, develop, and retain high performers
- Prioritize and drive the technical implementation of projects/work and provide technology strategy and thought leadership.
- Create product roadmaps, specifications, scope, and timelines for various projects, including building, scaling, and provisioning private cloud infrastructure.
- Review the entire environment and execute initiatives to reduce failures, and improve overall performance
- Collaborate with the engineering team to build and deploy resilient products.
- Coordinate and resolve issues across the entire stack - hardware, software, application, and network
- Iterate quickly and constantly to improve our existing systems and implement new technologies when necessary
- Automating away repetitive manual tasks
- Ensuring our core infrastructure systems (DNS. LDAP, Storage, Networking) are operating efficiently and reliably
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- 5-8 years of overall systems engineering experience
- 3-5 years of managing high performance teams.
- Extensive experience with automated server provisioning, configuration, monitoring, trending, and high availability
- 6 + years of experience with Linux system administration (CentOS)
- 4+ years of hands on operational experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Command of your favorite scripting language: Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, etc.
- Familiarity with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Capistrano, etc.)
- Expertise in building and scaling virtualized environment (VMware)
- Extensive experience using monitoring, logging, and metrics systems like Naigos, Splunk, and InfluxDB
- Thorough understanding of networking concepts, Internet protocols, and network security mindset
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in financial industry
- Experience with containerization technologies (Kubertnetes, Mesos, Docker)
- Experience with documented SLA's
About us SigFig is dedicated to making high-quality investment advice more accessible and affordable to investors of all wealth levels. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, SigFig helps empower investors with the information and guidance they need to achieve their personal financial goals. Through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions, SigFig seeks to help investors and advisors better manage their investments. Its enterprise technology accelerates time to market for its partners, while doing so in a secure, scalable, and compliant way. Its product, design, and growth labs fuel innovation, accelerate adoption, and create delight for clients. Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by leading financial institutions including Eaton Vance, Comerica Bank, New York Life, Santander InnoVentures, and UBS, as well as top-tier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Learn more at www.sigfig.com.
Want to learn more about SigFig? Visit SigFig's website.
Jobs You May Like
Part Time Front-End Web Development Instructor
General Assembly, Washington DC
Software Development Engineer - Web
Senior Data Scientist
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Data Engineering Team Lead
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States