WHO YOU ARE:
- You are a high-energy, startup mentality and passionate senior backend software developer to take ownership of end to end software engineering initiatives for multiple backend components and projects.
- If you are not afraid of highly distributed scalable code and infrastructure written in Python and Java, this position is for you.
- You seeking deep understanding. It isn’t enough for you to just get something working once. You feel compelled to understand the lower layers of things, so that you can reason about how things fit together and you can craft more informed designs.
- Enjoying collaborative team atmosphere.
- You're passionate about writing beautiful code that is easy to read and easy to change. You should be able to refactor code so that it’s better. You should know how to write testable code and should value automated testing.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills; an ability to convey complex concepts to technical and non-technical team members.
- Senior level fluency in coding, debugging, testing, OO patterns, TDD, publish/subscribe patterns, and ability to jump right away to help with minimal supervision is your thing? Awesome!
- Work with the founding engineering team and the CTO to develop and design the our next generation product!
- You will be responsible for developing high performance, high throughput, scalable code in Python/Java to be deployed in a cloud based environment.
- You will contribute to the overall product technical design, architecture and implementation on an IC leadership level.
- You will OWN THE PRODUCT!
- You dream to work as a core member of a leading early stage startup company in the Machine Learning / AI industry in the Silicon Valley and build a highly successful product with a strong impact on the industry!
- 4+ years of demonstrated software engineering experience developing in Python, Java or other OO languages. Proficient with OO patterns and paradigms a must.
- Python Experts: We use 3.5 Async I/O, Threads and concurrency, do you?
- If Python is not your forte: Ability to show the same concurrency experience, threads, async programming in Java or any other OO language.
- TDD: Testing your code is part of what you do on a regular basis. You can demonstrate experience with multiple unitests frameworks.
- You have worked with plenty of open source libraries and familiar very well with the community echo-system.
- Strong API design skills with some experience in crafting and building RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with Cache layers and patterns, as well as non relational data storage (Redis/HBASE/Elasticsearch)
- Computer Science degree from a strong program or professional experience preferred.
- Practical experience with Machine Learning algorithms, Statistical Analysis, and related libraries such as Keras, Pandas, Jupiter, NumPy, Tensorflow and other Python or Java ML/DL libraries and frameworks.
- Experience with AWS/Google Cloud or similar cloud computing environments.
- Experience working on Agile projects in distributed teams.
SignifAI is machine intelligence that helps TechOps teams get to accurate answers faster by finding correlations in real-time, among very large volumes of log, event and metrics monitoring data. These correlations are driven by algorithms plus your team’s and SignifAI’s collective expertise. This means your team can get to root causes quickly, regardless of the seniority of the engineers currently on shift. And because SignifAI is a machine, it has perfect memory. This means it can match the cause and resolution of an issue from the past, with an issue happening right now. These powerful correlations also unlock predictive insights to issues that could threaten uptime in the future. When TechOps teams deliver more uptime, they finally find the time to work on more complex problems that require creative solutions...precisely the things that machines can’t do.
Want to learn more about SignifAI? Visit SignifAI's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.