Analytical Technician, Quality Control (Night Shift)
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
See jobs at Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies is working to revolutionize energy storage by developing next-generation Lithium-ion technologies that increase energy density and reduce the cost of storage. The Manufacturing Team is looking for a driven Analytical Technician to help lead efforts in our Quality Control Lab. As we grow our Manufacturing Team, this position will help set high standards for quality and product performance. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn our current analytical test methods and improve our systems to develop a world class organization.
- Perform the operation of all production, development and R&D analytical tools. Methods include particle size analysis, gas chromatography, gas sorption, density, etc.
- Supporting R&D efforts for non-routine test methods
- Maintain and continuously improve analytical material workflow and logistics
- Perform routine calibration and maintenance on analytical instruments and equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair analytical tools
- Participate in continuous improvement of safety, quality, output, and tool uptime
- Work occasional flexible hours as production schedule dictates
- Interface with Quality Management Systems to identify and call out trending, out of spec results, or other quality issues
- Work 12 hour shift rotation schedule to support 24/7 operation
- Other duties may be assigned
- Prioritize safety at all times
- Operates with independent judgment and discretion to problem solve
- Able to adapt to change safely and quickly
- Demonstrate a high standard for the quality of work performed
- Perform repeatable, complex tasks with high attention to detail
- Independent, collaborative, dependable, positive team player
- Able to work night shift
- Bachelor's degree or a relevant technical discipline preferred but not essential.
- 3 years or more of work experience in an industrial lab or setting preferred.
- Work experience working on analytical tools with analytical chemistry in an R&D lab or manufacturing environment required
- Experience in cGMP or cGLP environment preferred
- Able to document and review data in multiple computer software programs
- Able to perform standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Pass a respirator fit test and be able to wear respiratory protection on a daily basis
- Repetitive use of hands - light to forceful handling of material
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.
Want to learn more about Sila Nanotechnologies? Visit Sila Nanotechnologies's website.
Jobs You May Like
Studio Coordinator, Design for Health Studio
Director, Physical Security - West
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Account Strategist - Abroad Markets
ServiceTitan, Glendale, CA
Operations Manager - Helsinki
LimeBike, Helsinki, Finland
Community Support Specialist - US market