Sila Nanotechnologies seeks an experienced engineer with the skills and desire to co-invent the next generation of lithium-ion batteries. This position will focus on leading efforts to optimize the integration of Sila’s materials in both internal development and commercial production cells. You’ll be working across material, mechanical, and electrochemical domains with scientists, engineers, and technicians, so mental flexibility and collaborative problem solving abilities are required. You don’t need to have deep experience in lithium-ion batteries, but you must be eager to get it.
- Lead efforts to understand and implement cell performance improvements
- Find and resolve failure modes and root causes
- Mentor, coach, and support engineers, scientists, and technicians
- Facilitate collaboration between groups at Sila and with external partners
- Invest in our company values and vision and champion them as we grow
- History of quickly mastering new fields and driving improvement
- Exceptional collaboration and leadership abilities
- Strong data-driven experimental design and analysis skills
- Deep understanding of materials; experience with lithium-ion batteries is a plus
- At least a B.S. in engineering or physical science and 5 years of industry experience (fewer for candidates with an advanced degree)
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.
Want to learn more about Sila Nanotechnologies? Visit Sila Nanotechnologies's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Account Manager
Nurse Practitioner (Remote)
Customer Operations Associate
Digital Health Coach (Remote - USA)
Omada Health, Remote - USA
Professional Services Program Manager
Medallia, San Mateo, CA, USA
Crisis Response Specialist
Airbnb, Singapore, Singapore