Environmental, Health, and Safety Engineer
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
See jobs at Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies is working to revolutionize energy storage by developing next-generation Lithium-ion technologies that increase energy density and reduce the cost of storage. The Manufacturing Team is looking for an experienced, hands-on Environmental, Health, and Safety Engineer to lead efforts in creating a safe workplace for our employees, and direct us on compliance, EHS laws, and regulations. As we grow our manufacturing group, this position will be critical in reducing liabilities and striving to improve safety. At Sila, we handle many different materials and work with a wide variety of machinery. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn these processes and quickly create a world-class health and safety program.
- Provide leadership and direction for the company within all areas of environmental concerns, health, and the safety of our employees.
- Participate in key business strategic initiatives related to EHS and community communications.
- Be the in-house expert with regards to applicable local and federal laws and codes. Provide direction and guidance to ensure we comply with the fire code, electrical code, and all relevant regulations.
- Direct Sila teams in the identification and mitigation of hazards from design through operation of new and existing processes.
- Identify and implement systems and procedures to improve the safety and health of the employees.
- Develop and manage the Hazardous and Operability Process, Hazard Communications, Contractor Safety, Lock-Out-Tag-Out, Industrial Hygiene, Emergency Response, Incident Investigation, PPE and other safety and health related programs.
- Develop and perform EHS training based on best practices, regulations, and standards.
- Responsible for air, water, and waste environmental permitting and compliance.
- Act as the primary interface with external agencies and inspectors, including EPA, OSHA, BAAQMD, ACWD, and California Fire and Building.
- Prepare EHS site, federal, state, and corporate reports and communications.
- Adhere to all environmental, health, and safety requirements and procedures at all times.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Safety and Occupational Health, Engineering, or a relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in an industrial setting.
- Experience with industrial workplace hazards and corresponding programs, such as Lock-Out-Tag-Out, confined space, electrical safety, classified areas, machine guarding, powder handling, spill control, hazardous, toxic, and flammable gas/liquids.
- Be or become DOT/IATA certified.
- High volume manufacturing experience in semiconductor, PV, chemical industry, batteries or similar is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of NFPA, California Fire Code, and CGA regulations is a plus.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Be a conscientious, curious, and a deliberate thinker/actor.
- Desire to work with/for a team and have the ability to work autonomously.
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.
Want to learn more about Sila Nanotechnologies? Visit Sila Nanotechnologies's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manufacturing IT Systems Administrator, Mexico
Magic Leap, Inc., Guadalajara, Mexico
Backend Developer - Data Platform
Lead Software Engineer - Search & Discovery
Branch Metrics, Redwood City
Ruby Developer, Content Group
Senior Value Engineer, EMEA