We’re looking for an experienced, entrepreneurially minded financial controller to drive financial insight and accountability as we transition from R&D scale to commercial manufacturing. The ideal candidate is a technical accounting expert with in-house financial management experience at both large-scale manufacturing companies and rapidly growing start-ups.
At Sila, we believe that data is essential to good science and good business. The quality, accessibility, and insightful analysis of our data is critical to our ability to discover breakthrough materials, demonstrate their business value, and effectively manufacture them. The Finance team plays a fundamental role in tying together and communicating key financial and technical data to assess the health of our business, keep us on track, and make smart strategic decisions.
- Broaden and strengthen our financial infrastructure to support large-scale manufacturing, including inventory controls and implementation of a new ERP system
- Maintain a healthy balance between operational agility and financial discipline during a period of rapid change with budget accountability, actionable financial reports (including variance analysis), and simple yet effective accounting controls
- Be the resident expert on technical accounting matters, interface with external auditors, and implement new accounting standards, policies, and processes when necessary
- Oversee the accuracy of routine financial activities and continually find better ways of operating, including month end close, financial statement preparation, and transaction processing like payroll, AR, AP
- Help build and coach a streamlined and rigorous Finance organization
- Done this before. 5+ years as a financial controller at manufacturing and start-up companies
- Curious and hands-on. Irrepressible desire to dig into details and deeply understand all aspects of a process or system
- Accounting expert. Excellent knowledge of technical accounting standards, proficiency researching accounting literature, and ability to clearly explain complex accounting issues. CPA or Master's in Accounting preferred.
- Pragmatic. Demonstrated ability to create financial order while minimizing overhead and bureaucracy
- People-oriented. Track record of leadership and mentoring new team members
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.
Want to learn more about Sila Nanotechnologies? Visit Sila Nanotechnologies's website.
Jobs You May Like
Head of Risk Management
Class Pass, San Francisco
Vungle, San Francisco
Legal Counsel - Platform and pre-litigation
Sr. Portfolio Trading Systems Engineer
MoneyLion, New York, NY
Wizeline, Guadalajara, Mexico