At Sila, the quality, accessibility, and insight-generating power of our data is critical to our ability to discover breakthrough materials, demonstrate their business value, and effectively manufacture them. Our Data Systems group accelerates all our efforts through close work with research, development, manufacturing, and business groups.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer and leader to contribute to and grow this group. You’ll directly participate in infrastructure, systems development, and data science projects, while also hiring talented folks for programming and security roles.
You will help us write python models to analyze electrochemical phenomenon, architect Manufacturing Execution System databases for factory-scale production, and build-or-buy new data exploration platforms for users across the company. If you love building and improving systems and seeing people do great things with your work, read on.
- Build, lead, and coach a small team of software engineers, IT professionals, and data scientists to serve the data systems needs of a multidisciplinary materials science and manufacturing startup.
- Work directly with extraordinary scientists and engineers to apply advanced analytics and data science techniques to our research, development, and manufacturing data sets.
- Architect and build data and operations management systems for R&D, Manufacturing, and Business Operations teams with a combination of in-house and third-party software tools.
- Investigate and understand the current world of relevant third-party software, methods, and security methodologies.
- You've done it before. 5+ years of hands-on software and data systems work, including experience building a team.
- Systems-level thinker. You have the tendency and ability to get curious about all aspects of a problem, and then solve it holistically.
- Hands-on. You want to actively take part in developing new and existing systems, processes, and code-base.
- Bonus for experience with scientific operations management, Manufacturing Execution Systems, and/or Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Bonus for Python, C#, SCADA/PLC integrations, physical-world interactions.
- At least a B.S. in C.S., engineering, math or physical sciences.
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.
Want to learn more about Sila Nanotechnologies? Visit Sila Nanotechnologies's website.
Jobs You May Like
Indigo, Boston, MA
Data Science (Machine Learning) Lead
Senior Behavioral Scientist - SF Bay Area
BetterUp, San Francisco Bay Area
Summer Intern 2018, Business Development
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Linux Systems Intern
Datto, Norwalk, CT