Sila Nanotechnologies is working to revolutionize energy storage by developing next-generation Lithium-ion technologies that increase energy density and reduce the cost of storage. The Manufacturing Team is looking for an experienced and driven Quality Engineer to be the primary lead on quality standards for our production lines. As we grow our Manufacturing Team, this position will need to adapt and respond to new products and changing processes. At Sila, we work with many different customers and materials that will require a strong quality culture. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn our processes to quickly develop a strong quality program.
- Provide leadership and direction for the company within all areas of quality management and quality assurance.
- Develop and implement quality methodologies that prevent customer issues and form a proactive approach to the quality culture.
- Lead the implementation of applicable ISO standards for all of Sila. Ensure compliance with all related policies and procedures.
- Perform internal and external product and process quality qualification and audits.
- Implement quality improvement and assurance processes and procedures.
- Assist in developing procedures for analytic tests for internal and incoming quality.
- Set quality specifications and ensures the company has the appropriate knowledge and tools to test and meet customer needs and internal standards.
- Develop and teach a systematic approach to identify, analyze, and resolve product quality defects and failures. Continuously drive improvement on first run capabilities.
- Interact with the Operations Group and Engineering teams to enforce a quality mind set and ensure standards are met to reduce or eliminate out-of-spec material. Regularly identify and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Responsible for training program for new processes and procedures.
- Develop quality parameters for all new processes and products.
- Regularly review all product quality data and testing results
- Communicate and present quality performance to all levels of leadership.
- Key member of the root cause analysis team on quality issues.
- Create error proofing strategy and annual quality improvement plan.
- Implement and lead Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Work alongside the Data Systems team to manage and improve the Sila Manufacturing Execution System with regards to quality controls and reporting.
- Lead and manage Sila’s Management of Change (MOC) process and all activities associated with engineering changes and implementation.
- Implement and perform calibration of systems for inspection, measuring, and analytics. Perform gage R&R and process capability studies.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in an ISO certified industrial setting.
- Experience with quality systems and quality assurance in a manufacturing setting.
- Led a Quality Assurance department.
- Participated in or led a Management of Change process. Experience with Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis.
- High Volume manufacturing experience in semiconductor, PV, chemical industry, batteries or similar is preferred.
- Prior interaction with customers and auditing authorities.
- Established quality requirements in past.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Experience with statistical software packages (SPC) and data analytics.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Be a conscientious, curious, and a deliberate thinker/actor.
- Desire to work with/for a team and have the ability to work autonomously.
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.