Applications Intern - Summer 2018
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
See jobs at Sila Nanotechnologies
We are looking for a diligent, creative, hands-on mechanical engineering or materials science intern to join our team in Alameda, CA (SF Bay Area) for Summer 2018. We are a small materials science company developing new battery materials that will dramatically increase the energy density of existing lithium-ion batteries, allowing them to run longer, be smaller, weigh less, and cost less.
- Plan and execute experiments to improve the best lithium-ion batteries in the world.
- Develop new methods for the testing and evaluation of R&D battery materials.
- Document and present your projects/results to the team.
- High fives.
- This will be an eminently hands-on position. You should be comfortable with lab work, building things, and taking things apart. Experience with materials characterization techniques and/or fabrication tools are a plus.
- Ability to carefully collect and perform basic analysis on qualitative and quantitative data, as demonstrated in past academic or extracurricular projects.
- An aptitude for learning new things and a keen eye for improving processes.
- Problem-solving skills. Ability to reduce complex requirements to actionable plans and refined system designs.
Cover letter is mandatory – it lets us know that you are specifically interested in this job and that you have actually read the job description. It doesn’t need to be formal, but it does need to include the following: your graduation date, what 3-6 month time period you would like to work with us, and your willingness to work in Alameda, California. We would also like to see cool projects you have worked on in the past, whether through school, jobs, or hobbies – we strongly encourage you to upload photos or a link to past work or projects.
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.
Want to learn more about Sila Nanotechnologies? Visit Sila Nanotechnologies's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Staff Quality Engineer
Faraday Future, Hanford, CA
Front End Software Engineer
Snap Inc., Odessa, Ukraine
Sr Data Systems Engineer
OpenX, OpenX - Pasadena
Application Security Engineer
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Hong Kong