Senior Product Development Engineer
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
See jobs at Sila Nanotechnologies
WHO YOU ARE
You are an experienced engineer with the skills and passion to co-invent the next generation of lithium-ion batteries. You’ll lead efforts to test Sila’s materials in both internal development and commercial production cells with an eye toward cell qualification. You have intimate experience designing, making, and/or testing technology at scale - now be part of the next leap forward in lithium ion batteries.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Collaboratively define and prioritize areas of exploration and development relating to commercial readiness of Sila materials
- Support our partners in incorporating Sila technology in development, validation, and early production builds.
- Design, carry out, and analyze experiments to test the performance of cells made using Sila’s materials against cell qualification standards
- Effectively communicate ideas and results internally across diverse Sila teams and externally to customers and partners
- Collaborate with our internal development engineers to scale up and integrate improvements in commercial processes and cells
- Mentor engineers, scientists, and technicians
- Invest in our company values and vision and champion them as we grow
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- At least a B.S. in engineering or physical science and 5-8 years of industry experience, fewer for candidates with a related advanced degree
- Passion for creating and developing new technological approaches and understanding
- Exceptional collaboration and leadership abilities
- Demonstrated ability to quickly master new technologies and drive improvement
- Experience with lithium-ion battery materials, cell manufacturing, and/or qualification a plus
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.
Want to learn more about Sila Nanotechnologies? Visit Sila Nanotechnologies's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.