Battery Operations Lead Technician
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
See jobs at Sila Nanotechnologies
WHO YOU ARE
As a Lead Technician in the Battery Operations group, you will help organize the work of the team that converts Sila materials into lithium-ion battery concepts, assembling and testing those batteries. You are an attentive, diligent and curious associate or technical supervisor who will help create and demonstrate the next generation of battery materials. You are someone who takes ownership of your work and the results of your team, strives for perfection and is passionate about setting and achieving team goals and objectives.
- Lead, train on and schedule the preparation and characterization of chemical mixtures and other materials to be used in lithium-ion batteries
- Organize and help with assembling lithium-ion batteries and test them on battery cyclers
- Fabricate mechanical fixtures and perform basic tool maintenance
- Record work and keep data updated in an online database
- Manage inventory and maintain a tidy and effective work area
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with other technicians, engineers, and scientists and effectively communicate results to troubleshoot, correct, and prevent issues
- Attention to detail working with materials and equipment and ability to identify risks during the performance of such activities
- History of consistently completing and supporting others to complete tasks efficiently
- Extensive knowledge of laboratory equipment and basic computer operation
- Logical thought process and ability to clearly share knowledge; “can-do” attitude
- Like to engage others in teamwork while also capable of solving problems alone
- Flexibility to work shift hours and accommodate to occasional adjustments
- Lithium ion or other electrochemical cell R&D lab experience is a must
- Associate's degree (nice to have)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Pass a respirator fit test and be able to wear respiratory protection on a daily basis
- Wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, a lab coat, gloves, safety glasses, and steel toe safety shoes
- Move long distances (such as from building to building) and be stationary for extended periods of time
- Reach low shelves or items on the floor
- Enter spaces narrower than 3 feet
- Precise and repetitive handling of a range of material quantities
- Operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a laptop, copier/printer, etc in a fixed location
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.
Want to learn more about Sila Nanotechnologies? Visit Sila Nanotechnologies's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.