Engineering Manager - Battery Test Platforms
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
See jobs at Sila Nanotechnologies
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a collaborative engineering leader with the skills and passion to help build capabilities to accelerate the next generation of lithium ion batteries at Sila. As the Battery Test Platforms Manager, you’ll lead and grow a team developing unique state-of-the-art tools for battery analysis and testing (e.g. electrical test protocols and analysis algorithms, performance models, custom cell designs, safety testing, and post-mortem and failure analyses). In both your own projects and those of the engineers you’ll support, you’ll collaborate closely with several teams at Sila from early-stage research to commercialization in order to design, develop, and provide capabilities that enable deeper insights and faster learning.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Coach and support engineers by providing consistent feedback, guidance through challenges, and development opportunities to encourage technical and professional growth
- Design and build new battery test and analysis capabilities
- Build competency in our technology and collaboratively build, communicate, and direct battery test platform goals
- Recruit, interview, hire, and onboard extraordinary new Silazens to expand our team’s bandwidth, capabilities, and diversity; the initial team will be 1-2 engineers with the expectation of rapid growth
- Facilitate collaboration between groups at Sila (such as Research, Equipment Development, and Data Systems) on cross-functional projects
- Invest in our company values and vision and champion them as we grow
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Passion for coaching and guiding coworkers through trust and openness
- Exceptional leadership and communication abilities
- Experience bringing complex device analysis and test concepts from concept to general use; experience in modeling is a plus
- Understanding of materials and/or energy storage; experience with lithium-ion batteries is a plus
- At least a B.S. in engineering or physical science and 10 years of industry experience (fewer for candidates with an advanced degree)
- Several years of experience directly managing engineers in industry
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.
Want to learn more about Sila Nanotechnologies? Visit Sila Nanotechnologies's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.