Sourcing Specialist, Indirect Spend
Sila Nanotechnologies, Alameda, CA
See jobs at Sila Nanotechnologies
WHO YOU ARE
As a sourcing specialist on the supply chain team, you will play a key role in developing the supply network for Sila's indirect spend categories. You are detail oriented, technically proficient and have the desire to help build a growing sourcing function. In this role, you will lead negotiations, help define requirements for purchasing systems and manage supplier onboarding actions. You’ll be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment across multiple organizations in the company where technical and business acumen along with collaborative problem-solving abilities are prerequisites for success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Lead negotiations and supplier selection on indirect spend categories such as software, IT hardware, logistics/fleet management, travel, consumables, consulting services, marketing services, HR related services and office services.
- Support requirements selection and implementation of purchasing focused software including negotiating agreements for punch-out systems.
- Further develop procurement operating procedures.
- Perform and lead the supplier onboarding processes for indirect spend suppliers.
- Partner with Data Systems in creating a multi-year roadmap for company SaaS direction incorporating benchmarking of industry best practices.
- Collaborate with Finance on corporate credit card policy and evaluate selection of corporate card partners.
- Initiate supplier relationship management efforts including supplier business reviews, managing supplier performance and assessing the competitive landscape.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years experience in procurement preferably across multiple indirect spend categories with particular emphasis on enterprise SaaS negotiations.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business, engineering or supply chain.
- Strong negotiation skills for both commercial objectives and Terms & Conditions.
- Thorough understanding of ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle and Sage.
- Excellent communication skills both inside and outside the organization.
- Self starter with demonstrated ability to develop and execute on new project concepts.
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.
Want to learn more about Sila Nanotechnologies? Visit Sila Nanotechnologies's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.