At Sila, our customers are major manufacturers around the world who will be first to market with innovative new products: ranging from wearable electronics and smartphones to mass market, long range electric vehicles. We partner with commercial cell manufacturers who produce high energy density batteries using our engineered materials.
WHO YOU ARE
As Director, Business Development at Sila, you will play a key role forming, building, and maintaining long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with our customers and manufacturing partners. You will work directly with our customers and partners around the world. Our sales process and customer audiences are highly technical so you will be comfortable working directly with technical teams. You are also able to communicate clearly across different parts of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Open, develop, and close new business opportunities in Automotive, Consumer Electronics, and Aerospace sectors
- Work with VP BD to set overall strategy and direction
- Implement BD strategy and direction; develop and initiate new BD activities
- Travel to Customer and Cell Manufacturing Partner locations to establish new work programs
- Maintain close partnership with Sila Program Management to ensure coordinated support and response to Customer/ Partner during program delivery
- Establish and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams at Sila and Customers
- Create efficient processes for assessing, reporting on, and managing scarce resources, technical dependencies, and other program risks
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven track record of building and leading strategic business development team
- Excellent negotiation and pipeline management skills
- Experience working with large companies, preferably automotive and/or consumer electronics manufacturers
- Experience with complex, long-term, value-driven sales cycle, particularly for new products in new markets
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships inside the company, with customers, and partners
- Be comfortable with technical & business audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Other language skills a plus, particularly Mandarin, German, Korean
- 10+ years related work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline, Master’s Degree a plus
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.
Want to learn more about Sila Nanotechnologies? Visit Sila Nanotechnologies's website.
Jobs You May Like
Financial Accounting & Advisory Services, Senior Director
Accordion Partners, San Francisco