Battery Engineer, Consumer Electronics, China
Sila Nanotechnologies, Shenzhen / Beijing / Shanghai, China
See jobs at Sila Nanotechnologies
WHO YOU ARE
As a member of Sila's team in China, you will design, test and optimize the integration of Sila’s materials in Li-ion battery systems at battery cell makers in China to enable the highest energy density lithium ion batteries in the world.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Lead and support detailed root cause analyses and implement solutions
- Facilitate technical collaboration between groups at Sila and external partners
- Conscientiously plan and effectively execute experiments to optimize and generate knowledge about the deployability of Sila’s materials
- Proactively invest in our company values and vision and champion them as we grow
- Effectively communicate experimental results and proposed solutions internally across diverse Sila teams and externally to customers and partners
- Significant travel (50%) to partner locations around China to support cell builds
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 5+ years of work experience in battery industry preferred (fewer for candidates with an advanced degree)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a focus in in the physical sciences (Materials Science, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Physics preferred)
- Collaborative and self-motivated working style
- Holistic and practical approach to problem solving, driven by curiosity and attention to detail
- Data-driven statistical and failure analysis skills
- Aptitude for conveying technical concepts and facilitating scientific discussions with a broad range of audiences
- Experience with lithium-ion battery chemistry/failure analysis/manufacturing
- Native proficiency in Mandarin Chinese
- Business level English desired
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to travel to customer/ partner sites in China as needed
About Sila Nanotechnologies
Sila Nanotechnologies Inc. is delivering the next generation chemistry of materials that change the landscape of what is possible with batteries. We enable dramatically higher energy density batteries for smaller, lighter, longer-lasting wearables & portable electronics, mass adoption of electric vehicles, and practical use of renewable energy. Our first products, which you can test in cells today, increase the energy density of state-of-the-art lithium-ion batteries by 20% to 40%. Our materials are manufacturable economically at scale, and are drop-in replacements to existing battery manufacturing processes. Founded by Tesla Motors battery engineers and a Georgia Tech materials science professor, Sila is backed by top tier investors led by Bessemer Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, and In-Q-Tel. Our company culture is built on personal growth, mutual trust, inclusiveness, and safety. We are building a world-class materials company, where our team is close, our debates are data-driven, and our office puppies are named Angstrom, Gadget, and Lumen.
Want to learn more about Sila Nanotechnologies? Visit Sila Nanotechnologies's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.