SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb provides granular insights about any website or app across all industries in every region enabling the world's biggest brands like Airbnb, Walmart, HSBC, eBay and adidas to create the strategies necessary to win market share. The company has raised over $112M and has nearly 400 employees across eight global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of Inc.com 15 Israeli Startups to Watch in 2017 and one of Business Insider’s Top 50 Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On. But if we want to continue helping the world’s biggest brands reimagine what is possible online, we need talented and driven individuals who are looking for the chance to make a real and tangible impact. Does this sound like you?
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
- We love data! At SimilarWeb you have the opportunity to work with it on a petabyte scale!
- As part of the team you will support backend for our multi million client side panel across all platforms through our massive ingest pipeline in cloud (Big data starts with ingesting even bigger data. Our Node.js, Kinesis, Java, Python, Go pipeline is impressive!)
- We are solving some really complex problems with web server scale, algorithms on the client side, research of different OS’s and APIs, managing multi million users products and more.
- Work with cutting edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
A day to day as a Server Developer at SimilarWeb means...
- You will be a server side developer, who is passionate about learning new technologies and handling a multitude of systems, and can fit in a small team of independent developers. You will develop and integrate systems that retrieve and analyze data from around the web from millions of users.
- On a day to day you will
- Take a major part in designing and implementing complex high scale systems using large variety of technologies
- Design, code and integrate huge scale systems written in Node.js, Java, Go & more
- Implement solutions in AWS cloud environment
- Learn new stuff and enrich other team members
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about potential tool improvements
What will I bring to the team?
- BSc degree in Computer Science, a related technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 3 years of server side Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: Web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, networking, developing large software systems.
- Comfortable taking challenges and learning new technologies, including new coding languages.
- Experience with large scale production systems
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide constant dialog between engineering teams
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Excellent reliability, dependability, and trustworthiness
- Strong sense of ownership over the products of the team
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Experience with large scale production systems
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, Airflow, HBase, etc.
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by the most talented professionals and you’ll work across departments gaining skills and driving impact.
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team
About us SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb’s solutions provide customers with insights to help them understand, track and grow their digital market share. With our insights businesses, agencies, marketers and analysts can benchmark performance against competitors, reveal competitors online strategy, discover new opportunities, identify emerging trends and understand consumer intent and journey. SimilarWeb has thousands of customers and works with some of the largest global brands including Google, Walmart, AirBnb, HSBC, adidas and eBay. Our team is spread across 8 global offices and includes over 350 employees and counting. We bring together the industry’s top talent to create a product that will transform the way that businesses make decisions. We believe in a bottom up approach, wherein every role has the power to create impact and offers opportunity to grow with the company.
Want to learn more about SimilarWeb? Visit SimilarWeb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Project Manager - Research Services
Sr. Business Analyst - Subscriptions
Ring, Santa Monica, CA
Senior Data Analyst
LimeBike, San Francisco Bay Area
Analytics High Value Consulting Senior Manager - Products Industry
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA
Oscar, New York