SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb provides granular insights about any website or app across all industries in every region enabling the world's biggest brands like Airbnb, Walmart, HSBC, eBay and Adidas to create the strategies necessary to win market share. The company has raised over $112M and has over 400 employees across nine global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of Calcalist's Top 50 Startups 2019 and one of the 10 Most Desirable Israeli Companies to Work for. Similarweb is also ranked 8th in Dun’s best high tech companies to work for in Israel in 2018, taking over companies such as Amazon, Mobileye, PayPal, Ebay and more.
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
- We love data! At SimilarWeb you have the opportunity to work with it on a petabyte scale!
- As part of the team you will support everything from our multi million client side panel across all platforms through our massive ingest pipeline
- We are solving some really hard problems in machine learning, estimation, categorization etc.
- Work with cutting edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
A day to day as a Researcher at SimilarWeb means..
- As a Researcher you should love analyzing, mining and doing crazy things with data, and be great at it! Our team is the place where all your analytic dreams will come true.
- You will develop new machine learning and statistical algorithms in a Big Data ecosystem. You will work together with other researchers and Big Data engineers and collaborate with Product Managers to achieve superior results.
- On a day to day some of your responsibilities will include:
- Developing novel algorithms and investigate new technologies.
- Improving accuracy of the current statistical and machine learning algorithms
- Taking an active part in research and implementation
- Validating the accuracy of the obtained results
What will I bring to the team?
• PHD/ M.Sc. in Mathematics/Physics/Computer Science/Engineering or any other relevant field
• At least 2 years of experience in at least one of the following fields: machine learning, signal processing, computer vision, NLP, etc.
• Deep theoretical knowledge in the different fields in machine learning, deep learning, probability theory and statistics.
• Proven code development skills in at least one coding language used for ML research - R, Python, MATLAB, etc. OOP
• Analytical, passionate about ML, out of the box thinker, highly motivated and a team player.
• Familiar with Java or other OOP language
• Handle working in a highly dynamic and versatile research and production oriented environment
• Familiar with the web/internet/online industry - nice to have
• Knowledge of Big Data systems - MapReduce/Spark/Hive - nice to have
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by innovative, passionate and creative people that are looking to drive real impact. We are proud to have over 400 talented and passionate professionals, and we strongly believe in winning together as a way of driving a successful business!
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: We believe in excellence as a mindset. It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together:We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team and working together to reach new heights.
About us SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb’s solutions provide customers with insights to help them understand, track and grow their digital market share. With our insights businesses, agencies, marketers and analysts can benchmark performance against competitors, reveal competitors online strategy, discover new opportunities, identify emerging trends and understand consumer intent and journey. SimilarWeb has thousands of customers and works with some of the largest global brands including Google, Walmart, AirBnb, HSBC, adidas and eBay. Our team is spread across 8 global offices and includes over 350 employees and counting. We bring together the industry’s top talent to create a product that will transform the way that businesses make decisions. We believe in a bottom up approach, wherein every role has the power to create impact and offers opportunity to grow with the company.