Production Engineer - Serving Infra
SimilarWeb, Tel Aviv-Yafo
We are the standard for understanding the digital world
SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb provides granular insights about any website or app across all industries in every region enabling the world's biggest brands like Airbnb, Walmart, HSBC, eBay and adidas to create the strategies necessary to win market share. The company has raised over $112M and has nearly 400 employees across eight global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of Inc.com 15 Israeli Startups to Watch in 2017 and one of Business Insider’s Top 50 Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On.
But if we want to continue helping the world’s biggest brands reimagine what is possible online, we need talented and driven individuals who are looking for the chance to make a real and tangible impact. Does this sound like you?
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
- We love data! At SimilarWeb you have the opportunity to work with it on a petabyte scale!
- As part of the team you will support everything from our multi-million client side panel across all platforms through our massive ingest pipeline
- We are solving some really hard problems in machine learning, estimation, categorization etc.
- Work with cutting edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
A day to day as a Production Engineer in the Data Infrastructure Team at SimilarWeb means...
Data Infrastructure Engineers are a combination of software engineers who digs Infrastructure as code and sysadmins with passion for distributed systems, dealing with PBs of data and exploring new (and existing) technologies.
Your role will include:
- Creating tools that will be used by 100+ engineers and have a direct impact on how we work across R&D.
- Designing and managing one of the biggest Petabyte-scale data pipeline infrastructures in the industry.
- Manage thousands of servers by automating infrastructure changes and deployments
- Developing and maintaining our logging, monitoring and alerting stacks
- Troubleshooting and mitigating production incidents as part of an on-call rotation alongside engineers from within all other R&D groups (and make sure we don't get the same alert twice)
What will I bring to the team?
This position requires an experienced engineer who shares our passion for technology, infrastructure and building amazing products while being an effective communicator and a people person.
You should have:
- At least 4 years of experience in developing server side applications and tooling using Python/Ruby/Java/Node.js/Go, managing infrastructure and automation.
- Vast experience with running a large scale operation on Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, routing and VPNs
- Deep understanding in:
- Linux: Troubleshooting, designing robust architectures and understanding the internals.
- Hadoop: Experience with managing large clusters with hundreds of components (HDFS, HBase, MR, Hive).
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Familiarity with big data frameworks such as Spark, Databricks and data storage formats such as Avro, Parquet, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos or Swarm
- Experience with building web-based and CLI tools.
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by the most talented professionals and you’ll work across departments gaining skills and driving impact.
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team
About us SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb’s solutions provide customers with insights to help them understand, track and grow their digital market share. With our insights businesses, agencies, marketers and analysts can benchmark performance against competitors, reveal competitors online strategy, discover new opportunities, identify emerging trends and understand consumer intent and journey. SimilarWeb has thousands of customers and works with some of the largest global brands including Google, Walmart, AirBnb, HSBC, adidas and eBay. Our team is spread across 8 global offices and includes over 350 employees and counting. We bring together the industry’s top talent to create a product that will transform the way that businesses make decisions. We believe in a bottom up approach, wherein every role has the power to create impact and offers opportunity to grow with the company.
Want to learn more about SimilarWeb? Visit SimilarWeb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Account Manager - HeroTech
Spot Hero, Baltimore
Senior Software Engineer
Greenhouse, New York City
Manager of Software Engineering
CloudHealth Technologies, Boston, MA
Motivate, Montreal, QC
Sr. DevOps Engineer
CloudHealth Technologies, Boston, MA
Lead Front-End Software Engineer
LifeDojo, San Francisco Bay Area, CA USA