Senior Director Of Research and Algorithms
SimilarWeb, Tel Aviv-Yafo
We are the standard for understanding the digital world
Head of Research
SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb provides granular insights about any website or app across all industries in every region enabling the world's biggest brands like Airbnb, Walmart, HSBC, eBay and Adidas to create the strategies necessary to win market share. The company has raised over $112M and has nearly 400 employees across eight global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of Inc.com 15 Israeli Startups to Watch in 2017 and one of Business Insider’s Top 50 Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On.
But if we want to continue helping the world’s biggest brands reimagine what is possible online, we need talented and driven individuals who are looking for the chance to make a real and tangible impact. Does this sound like you?
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
We love data! At SimilarWeb you have the opportunity to work with it on a petabyte scale!
As part of the team, you will support everything from our multi-million client side panel across all platforms through our massive ingest pipeline (Big data starts with ingesting even bigger data. Our Node.js, Kafka, Java, Python, Go pipeline is impressive!)
We are solving some really complex problems with web server scale, algorithms on the client side, research of different OS’s and APIs, managing multi-million users products and more.
Work with cutting edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
A day to day as a Head of Research at SimilarWeb means...
- As a Head of Research at SimilarWeb, you will work within our thriving SimilarWeb Research team, developing machine learning and statistical algorithms within a Big Data ecosystems. You will face some of the most challenging data science problems and have a direct impact on our product.
- As Head of Research, you will be the technical manager of the research team and a part of the R&D Data Analysis Group. You will lead the research for new machine learning and statistical algorithms and improve the existing ones. You will collaborate with Big Data engineers as well as Product Managers to achieve more accurate and robust results, and advise the Data Analysis Group Leader on research priorities.
- As a Head of Research you will:
- Lead research for novel algorithms and technologies.
- Improve accuracy of the current statistical and machine learning algorithms
- Take active part in the research and implementation
- Manage the research team technical priorities and data requirements
What will I bring to the team?
- +5 years of experience in developing machine learning and statistical algorithms
- 2 years of experience in leading data-science/research projects
- Experience with probability theory, machine learning and statistics
- PHD in Math /Physics/Computer Science or any relevant field
- Experience with statistical and machine learning tools - Python, R, etc.
- Experience working with big data sets
- Knowledge of Big Data systems - MapReduce/Spark/Hive
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with the web/internet/online industry- nice to have
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by the most talented professionals and you’ll work across departments gaining skills and driving impact.
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team
About us SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb’s solutions provide customers with insights to help them understand, track and grow their digital market share. With our insights businesses, agencies, marketers and analysts can benchmark performance against competitors, reveal competitors online strategy, discover new opportunities, identify emerging trends and understand consumer intent and journey. SimilarWeb has thousands of customers and works with some of the largest global brands including Google, Walmart, AirBnb, HSBC, adidas and eBay. Our team is spread across 8 global offices and includes over 350 employees and counting. We bring together the industry’s top talent to create a product that will transform the way that businesses make decisions. We believe in a bottom up approach, wherein every role has the power to create impact and offers opportunity to grow with the company.
Want to learn more about SimilarWeb? Visit SimilarWeb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Analyst, Sales Analytics
Slack, San Francisco
Summer Intern 2018, Mechanical Engineering
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Software Engineering Intern
Blue State Digital, BOS
Sr. Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Associate Data Scientist, New Grad
Factual, Los Angeles
Catapult Systems, Austin, TX