SimilarWeb, New York, New York
We are the standard for understanding the digital world
SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb provides granular insights about any website or app across all industries in every region enabling the world's biggest brands like Airbnb, Walmart, HSBC, eBay and adidas to create the strategies necessary to win market share. The company has raised over $112M and has over 500 employees across eight global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of Inc.com 15 Israeli Startups to Watch in 2017 and one of Business Insider’s Top 50 Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On.
But if we want to continue helping the world’s biggest brands reimagine what is possible online, we need talented and driven individuals who are looking for the chance to make a real and tangible impact. Does this sound like you?
Due to our rapid expansion globally, we are now hiring for a Senior Accountant to oversee our US presence. You will be responsible for managing the US accounting and financial functions of the company, reporting to the Corporate Controller in Tel Aviv, and will have close interaction with other members of our management team. You will continue to professionalize the accounting function, build process and controls, project manage larger initiatives. You will impact financial and operating results by ensuring the integrity of the recorded numbers in conjunction with analysis and insight to support performance improvements.
Responsibilities will more specifically include monthly close, balance sheet and financial analyses as well as forecasting income, expenses and cash flow. Senior Accountant will also approve expenditures, process AP transactions and payments, and assist in managing everyday operations.You will effectively challenge the organization, problem solve and be hands-on in finding solutions in a very fast growing and dynamic company.
- Independently perform monthly close process to ensure timely reporting, including preparation of journal entries and flux analysis
- Responsibility for all salary operations and reporting, including liaising and coordinating with the providers of employee benefits and 401(k) plans
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings including sales tax in multiple states
- Ensure compliance with accepted accounting principles
- Participate in the preparation of accounting manuals, internal controls for accounting systems, financial procedures and instructions
- Support the preparation of the consolidated and annual financial report, quarterly financial report and other related accounting reports for the company
- In charge of proper implementation of company’s processes and policies in the company’s US offices (expenses, travel, etc.)
- In charge of local expenditure management such as vendors, credit cards, expense reports, etc. Will work directly with the centralized AP team and provide the inputs and guidance needed.
- Assist with FP&A and senior management requests, budgeting/forecasting queries and analysis
- Ad-Hoc projects
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting, CPA a plus
- Strong knowledge and experience in US-GAAP, IFRS knowledge a plus
- Start-up experience with hands-on attitude and abilities
- Experience with NetSuite ERP software highly preferred
- Familiarity with Avalara, Expensify & Trinet HR preferred
- A self-starter that can work independently to meet strict deadlines
- Results orientation; Provides high quality results
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize workload
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - written and verbal
- Accurate and detail-oriented with high level of analytical and professional skills.
- Passion for innovative solutions and process improvement. Seeks solutions in automation.
About us SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb’s solutions provide customers with insights to help them understand, track and grow their digital market share. With our insights businesses, agencies, marketers and analysts can benchmark performance against competitors, reveal competitors online strategy, discover new opportunities, identify emerging trends and understand consumer intent and journey. SimilarWeb has thousands of customers and works with some of the largest global brands including Google, Walmart, AirBnb, HSBC, adidas and eBay. Our team is spread across 8 global offices and includes over 350 employees and counting. We bring together the industry’s top talent to create a product that will transform the way that businesses make decisions. We believe in a bottom up approach, wherein every role has the power to create impact and offers opportunity to grow with the company.