Equity Research Analyst
SimilarWeb, New York
We are the standard for understanding the digital world
SimilarWeb is a leading Alternative Data provider trusted by the world's top financial institutions. At SimilarWeb we bring together the industry’s top talent to work together and create products that transform the way that investors make decisions.
So what does an Equity Research Analyst (ERA) do at SimilarWeb?
- It’s a client-facing position and you’ll have the opportunity to directly advise the biggest investors in the US. ERA’s collaborate with multiple departments at SimilarWeb to help turn SimilarWeb’s data into insights for our key customers and potential customers.
- Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct in-depth research on key tickers across the Internet, Retail, Consumer and SaaS space; identify, extract and analyze the relevant SimilarWeb trends that are pertinent to address major investor questions
- Generate content (reports, models, analyses) to articulate SimilarWeb value proposition and advanced analysis capabilities per ticker / sector
- Collaborate with sales and account management teams to present analysis and research to potential and existing clients
- Own the value-side of client engagements, from demoing the product on how to extract insights, through supporting onboarding all the way to strengthening relationship and demonstrating value for existing clients
- Grow technical capability in others; mentor new hires; enrich team with level of technical and analytic expertise
- Attend conferences to develop your positioning as an industry expert
- This is a full time position reporting to the management team in New York.
What will I bring to the team?
- Experience in equity analysis and valuing companies, particularly consumer facing ones; meaningful experience in equity research styled writing
- 2+ years working in Equity Research, Hedge Funds, Investment Banking, Asset Management, preferrable with some client facing experience
- Strong background in stock analysis and a passion for data driven fundamental investing
- Problem solver, with strong ability to translate client needs into tangible solutions and value based discussions
- Strong in Excel
- Experience producing high quality client-facing materials
- Analytical mindset with the ability to quickly digest a problem and identify a solution
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong interest in digital (digital experience a plus)
- Programming experience - advantage
- Quantitative background - advantage
Why choose SimilarWeb?
- Impact: We are changing the way decisions are made and you’ll be a core part of that movement. We provide insights that help businesses understand the digital world, their market and their competition. With our digital market intelligence businesses can put their own data into context and make real data-driven decisions.
- Talent: We only the most talented ambitious professionals who are eager to work hard, take chances and share ideas. Our passion, enthusiasm and drive for success are why we win together.
- Opportunity: We are the perfect place to grow. SimilarWeb has been named one of Business Insider’s Top 50 Enterprise Startups to bet your career on.
About us SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb’s solutions provide customers with insights to help them understand, track and grow their digital market share. With our insights businesses, agencies, marketers and analysts can benchmark performance against competitors, reveal competitors online strategy, discover new opportunities, identify emerging trends and understand consumer intent and journey. SimilarWeb has thousands of customers and works with some of the largest global brands including Google, Walmart, AirBnb, HSBC, adidas and eBay. Our team is spread across 8 global offices and includes over 350 employees and counting. We bring together the industry’s top talent to create a product that will transform the way that businesses make decisions. We believe in a bottom up approach, wherein every role has the power to create impact and offers opportunity to grow with the company.
Want to learn more about SimilarWeb? Visit SimilarWeb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cloud Technology Partners
Enterprise Sales Director - Financial Services
Cloud Technology Partners, Charlotte, North Carolina
Inside Sales Representative
Yelp, Washington, D.C.
Enterprise Account Executive - DACH
Qualtrics, Munich, Germany
VP of Sales
ValiMail, San Francisco
Enterprise Account Executive
Front End Tech Leader