- Work in a collaborative, friendly and quick moving team to ship features on a daily basis! Technologies used today are REACT, Node.js, express and MongoDB.
- Use agile development methods and democratically be involved the product development process.
- Use technical design docs and technical design discussions to foster a culture of collaboration on the engineering team.
- Work with the mobile teams to define new APIs or define other types of client/server interfaces as necessary.
- Collaborate with our Data Scientists to build and ship a resource efficient data infrastructure.
- Be a key stakeholder in ensuring that our backend infrastructure is engineered to be as simple, maintainable and performant as required to meet our projected scale.
- Take ownership of the stack. Be on the look out for how we can improve and evolve our infrastructure to meet our future needs and stay ahead of the curve.
- Mentor junior members and work with the team to drive improvements in our development process and code quality.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- BS degree in a STEM field.
- Experience working at a startup.
- Experience with Node.js, Typescript, Python or equivalent required.
- Experience working with databases and ORMs. Understanding data model design, trade-offs around performance/data normalization.
- You have technically designed and shipped features from scratch.
- You have experience writing technical design documents, collaborating with a team of engineers, facilitating feature architecture and driving consensus.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Mobile development. (Particularly cross-platform mobile development)
- Experience in Data Engineering.
- Experience with Mongo/NOSQL dbs
- Experience working on native mobile apps and/or experience with cross-platform frameworks like Flutter or React native.
About Simple Habit
Our mission is to empower humans to stress less, achieve more, and live better. Simple Habit is on a mission to create a world where every human can stress less, achieve more and live better. Designed by top meditation teachers, Simple Habit offers more than 1,000 guided meditations for any situation and mood — including before sleep, taking a work break, commuting, and more. We have set out to help millions of people transform wellness goals into lasting habits
Want to learn more about Simple Habit? Visit Simple Habit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Cloud Services Backend
HashiCorp, Canada - Remote, Germany - Remote , Netherlands - Remote, United Kingdom - Remote, United States - Remote