Skilljar’s Sales department is growing quickly and we are looking to add an experienced Director of Sales to the team. This person will oversee our fast-growing Account Executive team and will work closely as well as report directly to our VP of Sales. Our ideal candidate will be tenured in helping a team meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets as well as focus on building and maintaining a highly motivated and results driven sales organization. Additionally, you will be responsible for helping to develop and execute a strategic plan to achieve targets and expand Skilljar’s customer base and should have strong inside sales management experience.
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be nimble, highly-collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.
- Supporting direct reports by participating and leading in prospect meetings and/or demos. Engaging with other company resources as required.
- Ongoing mentoring and development of the sales team which includes recruiting, hiring, and training new Account Executives.
- Ability to build and execute a sales plan.
- Conducting weekly forecast meetings and coaching direct reports regarding strategies to drive closure.
- Reviewing AE level Quarterly Business Objectives and working with them on achieving those objectives.
- Consistently monitoring the sales activity of the team, tracking the results, and reporting on and sharing forecasts with leadership and finance team members.
- A motivational leader that is capable of leading a high performing sales team.
- Able to think horizontally while collaborating with other leaders across the business to drive results (including Account Development, Marketing & Finance).
- At least 5+ years of individual contributor, quota-carrying SaaS sales experience. Plus an additional 5+ years of inside sales management experience.
- Ability to recruit, lead, and retain high performing Account Executives.
- The ability to influence executives, customers, and partners.
- Excellent presentation skills (remote and in person). Able to communicate at both a technical and a business level, developing trust and confidence with a wide variety of individuals within a customer organization.
- The ability to communicate weekly forecasts to upper management.
- Develop and refine a repeatable sales process, reporting and forecasting sales pipeline.
- Ensure a sales system aligned with Skilljar values.
- Experience with building territories (Geographical and Segments)
- Experience running Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs).
- Oversee incentive programs to motivate the sales team.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment preferred.
- Strong drive to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent years of related work experience.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Skilljar is the leading customer training platform for companies to accelerate product adoption and increase customer retention.
Our award-winning solution empowers companies to deliver beautiful customer training experiences backed by data. Skilljar includes a best-in-class student experience, payments engine, social certifications, advanced analytics, and integrations with Salesforce and Marketo. Our enterprise-grade platform provides all the essential tools for Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage and retain customers.