Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50(for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
Who we’re looking for:
Do you love making customers happy? Is customer satisfaction just like breathing for you? Does growing a business sound like a great way to spend your time? Do you like testing apps and playing games as part of your job? Then we want to talk to you.
The Skillz Player Support team is looking for a Support Representative to work with our users to maximize customer engagement, retention, and satisfaction. You’ll play a key role in broadening and deepening the company’s relationship with our customers. Responsibilities will include:
- Handling customer inquiries and issues directly from our customers
- Handling escalated issues from outsourced support agents
- Revising and building customer facing support templates, FAQ’s and other materials
- Identifying and reporting customer trends and issues to other areas of the business
- Maximizing customer retention
- Completing ad hoc projects to support the Player Support team
- Contributing strategically to the growth and direction of Skillz products and services
- Executing in a fast-paced, team environment
- 1+ years of customer service experience at a venture-funded start-up in any of the following industries: mobile technology, social media, gaming, or advertising
- Experience working with helpdesk ticketing systems; familiarity with Zendesk is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and to customers and match tone accordingly
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management
- Mature and self-motivated with a positive, professional attitude
- Capacity to operate effectively in a fast growth startup environment
- Progressive, consistent work history and excellent references
- Willingness to work weekends if needed
- Detail oriented, interested in games, with a competitive spirit
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed $5 billion in annual revenue by 2020. Skillz has been named the fastest growing private company in America, ranking number one on the 2017 Inc. 500 list. This makes Skillz the first eSports company to top this prestigious ranking, and also comes on the heels of being the first eSports company ever named to the CNBC Disruptor 50 list of the most innovative companies changing the business landscape. As the leading mobile eSports platform, Skillz connects the world’s 2.6 billion mobile gamers through competition. Skillz is the eSports provider for over 3,000 game studios, and accounted for more than 46 percent of all eSports prizes awarded in 2016 while broadcasting 40 million minutes of gameplay to spectators worldwide. Skillz makes games better by powering the competitions that players love and giving developers the chance to turn their game into the next great electronic sport. Founded in 2012, Skillz is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capitalists as well as the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks and New York Mets. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, passionate and hardworking teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with bleeding edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!