Senior Product Designer, Search & Discovery
Slack, New York City
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Search & Discovery team in New York City. We’re working on features that help people find, browse and navigate to the things they need to get their work done.
The ideal designer for this team has experience building products at scale — research, feedback, and experiment data should be critical parts of your toolkit. You may have a history of working in product areas like search, content discovery, personalized recommendations, and assistive tools. You’re comfortable in complex problem spaces, and you do your best work as part of a team.
Designers serve a vital role here, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and love collaborating across roles and expertise. Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture — if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What you will be doing
- You'll drive design vision and strategy, along with Design, Product, and Engineering Leadership.
- You’ll guide, improve, and implement the design process.
- Be an active and available craft mentor for other designers.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, and give feedback in planning and product channels.
What you should have
- Extensive experience in a leading individual contributor role for a consumer or enterprise product company.
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in Typography, Interaction and Visual Design, and Ideation.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- Extensive experience partnering with Product Managers and Engineering to develop the strategy and rationale for features.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity working with and helping define product metrics and incorporating data into design.
- Must be a self-motivated team player able to work in a small, fast-paced environment without much oversight. You can initiate and drive multiple projects concurrently.
- You love the little big details. You can ensure we ship a well-crafted product at a timely pace.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Marketing Intern
App Annie, Utrecht
Manager, Product Design
(Sr.) Product Marketing Manager
Envoy, San Francisco
Director of Product
Skillz, San Francisco
Product Manager, Player
Vimeo, New York, NY
Back End Software Engineer (Engineering Data Team)