Account Executive, Large Enterprise
Slack, New York City
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
We are searching for an exceptional enterprise sales person to focus on our largest customers and opportunities. The successful candidate will understand their customers’ business objectives and act as their trusted advisor for using Slack most effectively. They will gather customer feedback and requests while working with internal teams to help align our product roadmap. This individual needs to communicate effectively across multiple departments and customers, have the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice, and enjoys the challenges of providing excellent customer service in a fast paced environment.
If you’re an established sales professional with a proven track record in helping customers achieve lofty goals, we should chat.
What you will be doing
- Ownership of the full sales cycle from lead to close
- Establish lasting relationships with senior executives and decision-makers
- Foster new relationships for Slack through outbound efforts
- Help educate customers on the value of Slack throughout the adoption cycle
- Navigate key decision makers to build Slack awareness within organizations
- Identify customer needs and collaborate with Slack teammates to ensure customer success with special emphasis on signup, upgrade, and renewal
- Initiate, negotiate and close new and renewal contracts with customers
- Communicate and organize/escalate issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, onboarding, and technical inquiries
- Collaborate and work with different members of the Accounts team (Technical Account Managers, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc.) to build strategic adoption plans for customers
- Prepare and educate customers on new features and releases
- Monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends
- Provide recommendations based on customer's business needs and usage patterns
- Conduct periodic customer health-checks with an emphasis on customer happiness
- Serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
What you should have
- 8+ years of Enterprise Account Executive experience
- Relevant sales experience, preferably in a SaaS organization
- Experience managing a pipeline and closing large contracts
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Strong track record of navigating within large and mid-market organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive
- Experience with enterprise SaaS vendors preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Some travel required
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Engineer (San Francisco, CA)
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Regional Account Executive
DoorDash, Oklahoma City, OK
Director, Sales Operations and Planning
Newsela, New York
Quality Assurance Engineer
First Orion Corp., Bellevue, WA
Strategic Sales Analyst
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Digital Account Executive
IgnitionOne, Mexico City