Slack, New York City
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
At Slack, we believe that our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product. We demonstrate Slack’s platform flexibility by designing and delivering the right experiences for our customers, their teams & the individuals within it.
As an Engagement Manager, you are responsible for sales and delivery efforts for our largest and most strategic customers. As a critical member of the Customer Success services team, you position, scope, design, and deliver services that accelerate the deployment and adoption of Slack.
You engage early in the sales cycle with customer sponsors (including the C suite), and effectively articulate and position the value of Slack’s services methodology and approach.
Your conduct discovery sessions with customers in order to gain a detailed understanding of their needs and translate them into an overall project plan and Statement of Work (SoW). You make sure these artifacts align with the customer’s goals, mitigate risk, details scope, estimated timeframes, resources, deliverables and cost.
You are a key individual contributor, and will assemble and lead the project delivery team through to “go-live”, own and drive the project plan, establish a suitable governance structure, lead and schedule delivery resources together with customer teams and resolve customer concerns and risks as appropriate.
- You will facilitate pre-sales services efforts with multiple customers and internal account executives.
- You will conduct detailed discovery to gather requirements and scope services.
- You will be responsible for project kick-off and planning.
- You will drive project delivery resources according to plan to meet customer needs.
- You will ensure deliverables are completed on schedule and outcomes are achieved as promised.
- You will handle scope changes, risks, blockers and document change requests.
- You will partner with customer resources and facilitate engagement communications as needed.
- You will resolve project delivery issues and critical customer needs precisely.
- You have 5+ years of relevant engagement/project management experience (preferably in a SaaS Software environment).
- You have excellent consultative and communication skills.
- You have strong business development & sales experience (ideally in a Services environment).
- You have a track record of customer happiness, success and satisfaction.
- You have experience with change management and adoption methodologies.
- You are confident and can communicate with a technical audience and business focused sponsors.
- You have the right executive presence to discuss Slack's value proposition as well as how the customer success services team addresses their needs.
- You are preferably Project Management certified.
- You are a driven, dedicated teammate with creative ideas to inspire customer adoption.
- You have proven experience in building strong internal and external relationships.
- You have tact, and are poised in high pressure situations when working through customer issues.
- You have a bachelor's degree.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.