Engineering Manager - Web
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is looking for an engineering manager to help lead the web application engineering team. This team is responsible for developing new features, building infrastructure and maintaining the site. This person will report to the Head of Web Engineering and will work alongside our engineering management team.
The main responsibility of this person will be to meet regularly with the engineers on the web application engineering team in order to gather feedback from them on topics ranging from project progress, internal processes, career development, mentoring, and general satisfaction.
- Helping set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings
- Meeting with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You’ll have several years of serving in either an engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Fullstack Engineer (front end focused)
Scribd, San Francisco headquarters
Machine Learning Engineer, Notification Data
Pinterest, San Francisco
Engineering Manager (Product Engineering)
Software Test Engineer
Qualtrics , Krakow
Infrastructure Developer (DevOps)
Senior Software Engineer / Technical Lead
Tapad, New York