Product Manager, Strategic Partners
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is looking for an experienced Product Manager to guide the design, development, and strategy for building apps with our most strategic partners. Do you get excited about working on Platforms and want to help users find apps that make their working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive? Do you enjoy diving into details with your team and helping them succeed? Can you take vague user problems and turn them into real plans?
Great. Come work at Slack!
- Work with our biggest partners to collaborate on designing the best possible customer experiences possible.
- Work with a variety of developers to begin to define the next generation of best practices for conversational app design.
- Work with our biggest customers to run collaborative user research studies.
- Define your features. Write specs and user stories, create wireframes, prototypes, test plans, release checklists. Communicate functionality and incorporate feedback. Rinse and repeat.
- Prioritize your work and your team’s work. Manage the backlog of features.
- Manage the daily workflow with a team of engineers and designers. Do whatever your team needs to help them keep moving.
- Create and maintain your team’s roadmap and milestones. Work with your team to estimate, implement, and build features while ensuring that you’re working on the highest priority things you can be.
- Collaborate with business development, developer relations, and other cross-functional teams to work with partners, participate in design sprints, and build the best apps for our mutual customers.
- Build relationships with third party developers and partners building on Slack’s Platform and ensure that they can thrive, innovate, and reach the teams for whom they’re building.
- Represent your team in communication with product, engineering, and marketing leadership.
- Ensure we ship well-crafted product at a timely pace.
- Get back to work. ;-)
- Product management experience on a platform, marketplace, or other commerce product is preferred.
- Experience working with third-parties on technology and product-based partnerships.
- Proven history of shipping and managing products with cross-functional teams.
- Experience building out new product development teams (either as a direct manager or through informal leadership) and driving them toward a big vision as well as consistent execution.
- BA/BS/MBA etc. are optional but good.
- Previous experience shipping and iterating on successful products.
- Previous startup experience.
- Ability to work independently, communicating across multiple time zones.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Product Strategy
Jampp, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Senior Product Designer
Change.org, San Francisco, CA, USA or Victoria, BC, Canada
Senior Product Manager, Core Customer Experience
Senior Designer - Product
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA (Remote friendly for US & Canada)
UncommonGoods, 140 58th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11220
Sr. Product Manager - Teaching and Learning
Udemy, U.S.A., San Francisco