Senior Integration Developer, IT
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
We’re a small but capable team of Integration Developers that empowers the people at Slack to do their best work. We champion operational excellence by building high quality integrations, as well as testing and monitoring applications that help ensure we deliver a first-in-class system. Our work serves a vital role here and influences teams across the company, including Marketing, Sales, Finance, and HR.
Slack has a positive, diverse and supportive culture—if this sounds like a fit for you, send us a note. We'd love to learn more about you.
- Build and maintain robust integrations and bots for third-party enterprise systems using best of breed languages, frameworks and tools such as Ruby/Rails/Workato, NodeJS/Botkit, HHVM/PHP and Python/Airflow
- Write scalable tests, release plans and end user documentation to support our fast-growing organization
- Automate workflows in third-party IPaaS as well as Slack bots and apps
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements
- Collaborate with peers to write, review and provide feedback on technical design proposals
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise-level integrations with a focus on performance, scalability and security
- Experience with programming languages that include PHP, Ruby, Python, NodeJS, Go, etc
- Strong computer science fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, distributed systems, and information retrieval
- Familiar with web technologies: REST APIs, GraphQL, OAuth, HTTP, Nginx
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment using Scrum or Kanban successfully
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills —you effortlessly translate complex technical concepts for a non-technical audience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite, Workday and/or Marketing Cloud
- Experience with backend technologies that include MySQL, Postgres, Hive, and Redis
- Knowledge in large-scale, high-volume systems
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Tooling - Video Infrastructure
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Engineering Leader, Traffic Team
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Foundry Operations Paid Co-op
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Data Analyst Consultant, Professional Services - UK
Senior UI Developer
Maschinenbediener (m/w) für Montageanlagen
Harry’s, Harry's Germany