(Senior) Frontend Engineer - Search, Learning & Intelligence
Slack, New York City
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
The Search, Learning, & Intelligence (SLI) team at Slack is looking for experienced frontend engineers to help build features that make Slack smarter the more companies use it. Our goal is to help users feel less overwhelmed by Slack’s information avalanche and give them superpowers to find fast answers — whether from their coworkers, search, or bots. We’re hiring engineers to help us build scalable, reliable data-driven product features and the services and infrastructure that back them.
We are also very nice people and happy to help you learn what you need to know to work at Slack.
A Typical Week:
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers and Designers to conceptualize new features
- You'll collaborate with SLI Engineers to build new features for our large-and-growing user base
- You'll learn about new web technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- You'll help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Expertise in building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Experience with modern browser technologies
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Experience with jQuery, Handlebars, or LESS
- Experience with React
- Experience with WebSockets, Local Storage, or ES6
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience designing web sites or applications
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit https://slack.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer – Data Analytics
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Systems Engineer - Encoding Services and Video Streaming
Cloudflare, Austin, TX
Senior Software Engineer - Android
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Engineering Manager - Mobile Developer Experience
Slack, San Francisco
HealthTap, Palo Alto
Working Student-Site Reliability Engineer (m/f) | Hamburg
Kreditech, Hamburg Office