Software Engineer, Analytics Infrastructure
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
At Slack, data plays a key role in helping us answer all types of questions: whether we should launch a feature, what type of advertisement campaigns to run, what API endpoints are most in need of performance improvements, etc. The Analytics Infrastructure team is responsible for building and maintaining software that powers these decision-making processes.
Some projects we work on are:
- An end-to-end A/B testing framework that runs experiment configurations, tracks metrics, and measures results using statistical models.
- An in-house dashboard builder that allows analysts to combine charts and SQL queries into presentable, easy-to-use web pages.
- A wiki-style glossary for communicating key terms and metrics.
Join us to build a foundation for Analytics at Slack.
- You have a good understanding of math and statistics.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals, including a knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- You understand the importance of programming abstractions and apply them with great focus as you seek to simplify and improve the codebase.
- You know how the web works. You know HTTP and TCP/IP and what a good API looks like.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
- You can jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
- Familiarity with distributed data processing tools (Hive, Presto, or Spark).
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Replay Operators (Part-Time)
MLB Advanced Media, New York, NY
Lead Acoustics Engineer
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Munich, Germany
Senior Software Engineer - HTML5 Video Player
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Technical Artist Intern
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Quality Engineer (Production), Shenzhen
Essential Products, China