Senior Solutions Engineer
Slack, New York City
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
We are searching for an exceptional Senior Solutions Engineer to partner with Large Enterprise Account Executives to help map customer business objectives to Slack’s Platform. The ideal candidate will be technically minded with a keen understanding of the sales process. They will apply a consultative approach to working with customers and demonstrate technical prowess in selling to CIO’s and senior IT leaders. They will be experts in the product and evangelists of the Slack Platform, handle tough objections with poise, and lead successful evaluation cycles to gain product fit consensus.
If you’re an established sales professional with a proven track record in helping customers achieve lofty goals, we should chat.
- Partner with Large Enterprise Account Executives on key accounts to drive deals and influence ARR
- Act as a liaison between Product and Sales, funnelling customer feedback to help shape the product roadmap
- Educate customers on the value of Slack’s platform through tailored product demonstrations
- Lead security evaluations, occasionally responding to security questionnaires
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Data Loss Prevention, Single Sign On, E-Discovery, Platform Integrations)
- Contribute to the success of a rapidly changing and growing organization
Required skills and experience:
- 8+ years of sales engineering or solution consulting experience in a SaaS organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; a knack for delivering compelling presentations
- Track record of successfully overcoming technical and security objections; problem-solving is in your DNA
- Familiarity with API development and service integrations is a plus
- Bachelor's degree required
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit https://slack.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Intersection, New York, NY
Staff Software Engineer, Distributed Systems, Identity & Security
Box, Redwood City, CA
Software Development Engineer - Customer Experience
Senior Security SRE
Platform Architect - Alliances
Pivotal Software, EMEA
Informatica ETL developer
Fearless, Washington, DC