Slack, New York City
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
At Slack, we believe that our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product. We demonstrate Slack’s platform flexibility by designing and delivering the right experiences for our customers, their teams and the individuals within it.
As a technical architect, you are responsible for engaging with our largest and most strategic customers to assess and design the technical rollout and launch plan for Slack. You are a key member of the Customer Success services team with a technical background and competencies in development, integration, solution architecture and security.
You will conduct detailed technical discovery workshops, assess cultural, structural and business functions with security requirements while translating these findings for a foundational Slack solution built for scale and flexibility. This design will include details on the workspaces, user management, authentication, bots, integrations, and settings & permissions required to ensure there are no technical barriers to user adoption of Slack. You will be responsible for advising on integration implementations, including key production systems from GitHub, Jira, Workday, Google Apps, etc. In addition, you'll be customizing client applications. You love strategically working with clients and in this role you'll be advising customers on how best to implement Slack APIs and Developer tool kits.
- You facilitate customer facing workshops with the technical team and develop a technical deployment plan
- You ensure flawless integration with other systems and apps, including identity management, eDiscovery, data loss prevention, other SaaS products and internal systems.
- You assist in secure setup of the customer’s Slack environment based on IT, governance and technical requirements.
- You remove technical roadblocks for organization-wide software distribution
- You present detailed technical information and benefits of the Slack platform to a wide array of customers, including line of business managers, developers, technical architects and executives.
- You possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to go a mile deep with technical customer resources or to explain the most basic capabilities to a business user.
- You have excellent presentation skills for presenting both business oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts.
- You have experience leading and crafting technical projects, engaging with, and motivating change across multiple levels of IT executives and organizations.
- You have past experience working directly with Sales and Success teams, Consultants, and System Integrators.
- You have a bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business.
- You have at least 5+ years of previous development, consulting, professional services or sales engineering experience.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
IT Infrastructure and DevOps Lead
Taco Bell, Irvine
Software Developer Frontend
Infrastructure Site Reliability Engineering Intern - Summer 2018
Box, Redwood City, CA
Backend Software Engineer
Coffee Meets Bagel, SF, Seattle, or Remote
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Highfive, Redwood City
Lead Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA