Engineering Manager - Android Application Infrastructure
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is looking for an engineering manager to lead our Android Application Infrastructure team. This team is responsible for the architecture and core components of our Android app thus providing the foundation that enables Android feature engineers across the company to build new features quickly, safely, and with confidence. In addition to leading the growth and output of the Android App Infra team, the manager of this team will work closely with a peer manager on the iOS Application Infrastructure team to drive mobile client architecture best practices across platforms.
- Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Mentor and grow engineers while keeping them engaged and focused on the product and company vision.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings, effectively communicating the available platform features and constraints of the Android client.
- Meet with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- Represent Slack engineering and management in industry events.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You have several years of serving in an engineering management role.
- You have experience shipping Android applications and you are up to date on the current state of the development ecosystem.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You are highly organized. With many people doing many things in a fast-moving company, strong organizational skills—both for yourself and for the team—will be required.
- You are able to weigh several and often conflicting constraints and make rapid decisions in a fast-moving and quickly-growing company.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Sales Engineer
Yext, London, UK
Web Services Engineer - Microservices
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA
Sr. Solutions Engineer
1010data, New York
Infrastructure Developer (DevOps)
Engineering Program Manager, Hardware
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Harry’s, Harry's Germany