Senior Analyst, Data Analytics
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is looking for experienced analysts to join our Analytics team and help drive the understanding, growth, and success of the product. The right candidates will have deep technical skills to complement their analytical experience and will be comfortable working with a nascent data infrastructure to identify, monitor, and impact key metrics and help us make better decisions. They will be scrappy, independent, and excited about having a big impact from a new team.
- Use data to inform and influence the direction of the product team roadmaps and inform business decisions
- Partner with product teams to define goals and identify key metrics for existing features and new releases
- Work closely with Marketing to rapidly design experiments and iterate on results
- Improve our understanding of patterns/trends in user behavior and find new product opportunities
- Build automated dashboards and reports to drive awareness and understanding of key metrics and experiment results
- Work closely with Data Engineering to author and develop core data sets to empower operational and exploratory analyses
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key business or product decisions
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate the results of complex analyses
- Minimum of 6 years experience writing production datasets in SQL/Hive OR building internal/production data tools for ETL, experimentation, or exploration in a scripting language (Python, PHP, Ruby, etc.)
- A solid grasp of common statistical applications and methods (experimentation, probabilities, regression)
- Comfort with basic HTML/CSS/JS
- Academic and/or professional experience in a quantitative field
- Experience in software engineering a plus
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Scientist - Machine Learning Research
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Data Scientist - Relocation Opportunity
General Assembly, Seattle or Atlanta
Business Systems Analyst - Workday
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Data Scientist Lead (Manager or Director Level position)
Uptake, 600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654 ste 775
Director of Analytics
Flatiron School, New York
Senior Campaign Manager, Programmatic
AKQA, San Francisco