Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Slack is more than just a tech company, we are on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant and more productive. We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our Slack Values are woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek extraordinary talent that is eager to do the best work of their life while supporting others in doing the same.
At Slack, we believe that our success is directly tied to the value our customers derive from our product. While customers realize value at different stages in their journey with Slack, the renewal serves as an incredibly important breakthrough to celebrate and reflect on the past while also planning for the future. To lead this initiative, we are searching for an extraordinary Renewal Manager. You will partner with customers and multiple internal stakeholders (e.g., Account Executives, Customer Success Managers) to ensure that value is realized, and that the customer are set up for continued success with Slack.
- You will own, drive, and lead the renewals process in collaboration with the account team to preserve and improve customer contracts and relationships
- You will actively engage with key decision makers to identify customer requirements and uncover roadblocks to ensure on-time commitments
- You will maintain and report an accurate rolling 90 day forecast of renewals in your territory
- You will negotiate and execute renewal contracts (in partnership with legal) that align to customer goals
- You will discover and identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal to maximize customer growth
- You will communicate risk clearly and take the lead in developing resolution strategies, escalating wherever appropriate
- You will serve as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product
- You will set customers up for future success by curating use-case recommendations and educating customers on relevant new features and opportunities to grow with Slack
- 3+ years of Quota Carrying experience (e.g., Renewals, Enterprise Sales, Account Management), preferably in a SaaS organization
- Shown discovery, negotiation and closing skills
- Experience handling a pipeline and closing large contracts
- Ability to connect the dots organizationally and influence stakeholders from various roles, levels and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence
- Approaches work with empathy and a creative, problem solving mindset
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic team player
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer happiness and deepening customer relationships
- Extraordinary time and process management skills, ensuring nothing slips through the cracks
- Treats work like a craft, constantly honing and refining skills to adapt to an ever-changing landscape
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Director - Asset Management and Capital Markets
Element AI, Remote
Zipline, Half Moon Bay, CA
Manager, Scale Customer Success Team
Slack, San Francisco
Client Success Coordinator
ZeroCater, New York, NY
Provider Alignment Manager
Clover Health, Jersey City, NJ
Crisis Management Investigator - (Trust and Safety)
Airbnb, Tokyo, Japan