Sr. Program Manager, Enterprise
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
At Slack, we are making work simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. On Enterprise, we build the features and services that help our largest customers use, expand, administrate and secure their organizations at scale.
Slack is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to drive programs for Slack’s Enterprise product development team. In this role, you’ll partner with Engineering, Product, Design, Quality, and cross-functional development teams such as Infrastructure, Data Engineering, and Product Security to improve the process and capabilities of the teams, and deliver on high-quality projects and programs.
You understand the benefits of moving quickly and thrive when given the opportunity to design systems. You have experience collecting product and business requirements for highly-complex, technically-complicated projects — just like the ones we face here at Slack.
What you will be doing
- Build and maintain timelines, project plans, and communication artifacts to ensure everyone is operating from the most recent and accurate information
- Build and maintain systems for tracking project health and people allocation
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, release, and post release phases
- Perform risk management and scope management on projects, and identify blockers
- Model and deliver process improvements for cross-functional teams with input from project partners
- Provide timely updates to stakeholders as changes occur with projects within the programs they support
- Identify decisions required to move a project forward, determine the decision makers, and ensure decisions are made in order to drive projects forward
- Plan and execute high value cross-team meetings
- Drive agile processes to enable teams, from sprint planning to retrospectives, with an eye towards optimization and team unity
What you should have
- At least 6 years leading planning, resource management, project lifecycles, and workflows in a dynamic product or engineering organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with sufficient level of technical capability to effectively communicate with engineers and identify technical risks
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience managing activities across multiple teams
- Demonstrated track record of delivering complex projects and programs with cross-functional teams
- Experience with agile product development practices and principles
- Self-motivated and the ability to motivate others
- Can effectively cope with change
- JIRA user experience
- JIRA administrator experience
- You can draw from your experience of working at a company that scaled quickly
- Experience with OKRs
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Optometrist, Philadelphia Market
Warby Parker, Philadelphia, PA
Commercial Product Owner
Customer Experience Specialist - Contract Role
Supervisor, University Village
Warby Parker, Seattle, WA
Flexport, Los Angeles, San Francisco
Head of North America Juicer Operations
LimeBike, San Francisco, CA