Senior Engineering Manager, Web
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
At Slack, our home on the web really matters to us; our mission is to make our customers’ working lives simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. The Customer Acquisition team works primarily on slack.com and is responsible for driving top of funnel growth. We are an experimental team that uses data to inform the work that we do. The recent redesign of slack.com, our internationalization efforts in four new languages, and the creation of our in-house design systems are all stellar examples of the kinds of challenges we pursue every single day.
This team needs an experienced engineering manager who understands the value of career development and can also build the team through recruiting efforts. You should be well-versed in frontend technologies and able to give advice on code architecture and implementation. You will partner with Product, Marketing, Design, and Engineering, and will be required to make prioritization and allocation decisions while driving and also drive company-wide goals.
What you will be doing
- Define and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including screening and interviewing.
- Play a huge part in internationalization efforts as we scale Slack across the globe.
- Prioritize and allocate project work to your team of engineers.
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering management team to align engineering-wide priorities.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies.
- Represent Slack engineering and management at industry events.
What you should have
- You have 5+ years of engineering management experience leading productive, high functioning teams. You can describe why these teams were high functioning and what you specifically did to ensure engineers felt productive.
- You have some experience with marketing technology stacks and/or understand how they work (A/B testing, online campaigns, tracking pixels, analytics & attribution tools).
- You thrive in rapid-paced environments and have experience with high profile product/marketing launches.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them.
- You excel at building roadmaps and can develop a long-term team vision in partnership with other engineering teams at Slack. You can then be accountable for driving project execution.
- You love helping engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers. You don’t shy away from performance conversations and you recognize the relationship between objective feedback and career growth.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Cloud Control Plane
Senior Backend Engineer, DSP
VideoAmp, Santa Monica, CA
Senior AI Researcher
Unbabel, Lisbon, Portugal
Sr. Front-End Engineer - Columbus, Ohio
Quality Engineer (UI)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Infrastructure Software Engineer
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA