Senior Software Engineer - Product Security
Slack, San Francisco
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Our Product Security team supports the following tenet of Slack’s mission: to make people’s working lives more secure. We’re serious about protecting our infrastructure, operations, and most importantly our customers’ data. We take a systemic approach to security and strive to ensure we provide low friction high-impact security across everything we do. As a member of the Product Security team you care about shipping secure products and ensuring that the way in for the bad guys is never through the front door. You are passionate in developing secure-by-default libraries and building new security services. Your work will directly impact the way millions of people, teams, and businesses get things done using Slack.
- Developing secure libraries, tools, and services to prevent classes of risk and vulnerabilities.
- Assessing existing codebases for widespread, systemic or structural security issues and partnering with engineering teams to address them.
- Architectural review of important technical specifications and design proposals.
- Contributing feedback to engineers during all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Communicating risks to engineering staff through training and technical demonstration of vulnerabilities and secure design patterns.
- Seeking out opportunities to automate processes when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 2+ years experience in software development in languages such as: Java, Python, PHP, Go.
- Deep understanding of web application architecture and design principles.
- Knowledge of internet security issues in software design and code.
- Experience in writing understandable, testable, secure code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Several years of professional experience ensuring privacy and security of web applications is a plus.
- Background in software engineering and common development practices in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of common security flaws and resolution as published by OWASP, SANS, etc.
- Experience with Amazon AWS services and familiarity with Slack products is a plus.
Slack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Slack will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer, Front End
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Senior Director GCP, Quality
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Senior DevOps Engineer
Skillz, San Francisco
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Strava, San Francisco, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
Etsy, New York, NY
Sr. Software Developer (Full-Stack)
Bluebeam, Inc., Dallas