Staff Software Engineer, iOS
Slack, Pune, India
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Senior iOS Product Engineer
Use your extensive knowledge of Objective-C and Swift to improve the Slack iOS app, a complex completely native application relied upon by hundreds of thousands of users every day. You will work with real-time data streams, engineer for performance across devices and delight people by making the best software we can imagine. You will collaborate closely with Product, Design and QA to spec, build, test and deploy new features.
This is a full time senior engineering position based in Pune, India
A Typical Week
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers and Designers to conceptualize new features
- You'll collaborate with backend engineers to build new features for our large-and-growing user base
- You'll learn about new iOS technologies and discuss potential solutions to problems
- You'll help our skilled support team triage bugs and troubleshoot production issues
- You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience with Objective-C and Swift
- Experience with modern iOS technologies
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Expertise in building complex layouts with UIKit
- Strong UI and design skills
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude and empathy
- Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
- Experience with CocoaPods and other major open source iOS projects
- Experience investigating and improving performance
- Experience with threading, Core Data, and networking
- Experience in small startup environments
- Experience working with a team, especially a distributed team
- Professional experience designing applications
Slack is a layer of the business technology stack that brings together people, data, and applications – a single place where people can effectively work together, find important information, and access hundreds of thousands of critical applications and services to do their best work. From global Fortune 100 companies to corner markets, businesses and teams of all kinds use Slack to bring the right people together with all the right information. Slack is headquartered in San Francisco, CA and has ten offices around the world. For more information on how Slack makes teams better connected, visit slack.com.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
Empathy. Courtesy. Playfulness. Craftsmanship. Solidarity — these are some of the values we live by, as a company. We work by them, too: we’re building a platform and products we believe in — knowing there is real value to be gained from helping people, wherever they are, simplify whatever it is that they do and bring more of themselves to their work.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We work hard and we play to win… within normal business hours. And then we go home.
That balance is important: It enables us to truly do the best work of our lives. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens — and happens well — all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
Want to learn more about Slack? Visit Slack's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Notebooks
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Data Scientist, Engineering
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Active Safety Engineer
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Seattle
Mechanical Engineer - Thermal
Formlabs, Somerville, MA